Away Match Day Thread 02/03/2024 L1: Portsmouth v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A performance to hopefully change the season. Maybe a bit too late but shows what Des may be capable of.

Need this performance every week from now to the end of the season plus great support from US
No excuses

Best performance under Buckingham. There has been games we’ve won under his management where I have not been impressed, whereas today, completely different. Hit the post twice, and totally outplayed them! This said, to be so out played and still win, that’s promotion credentials from Pompey!

Sigh, well we’re not winning games when we play well, and weren’t not winning games where we’re playing badly either.

Obviously today’s result not a disaster given the opposition, but good performances alone aren’t enough to get us into the play-offs.

• React
Reactions: Nox
That's how you support a team to win games, entire stadium on their feet shouting blue army to get their team over the line. Fair play.

We were good but they took their chances whereas all our shots were rushed and scuffed. It's the fine margins.

Portsmouth timewasted throughout those 5 added minutes and the referee added 0 extra seconds

The time wasting has been a theme all season.

Could actually see Des counting out loud to the fourth official as the Pompey keeper played basketball for about 20 seconds at one stage.

But that was a much better performance, and you could hear the Portsmouth commentators a) rated us and b) were very twitchy.

Play like that for the next 10 and we’ll be there or thereabouts.

Here we go, endless boring pointless posts from the DESciples saying what a great performance that was.

Well breaking news, it’s the result that counts. We lost, we always either lose or draw under this so-called manager. Season is already over from being in 2nd place , too late now to get in a manager with actual experience to save it.

I can’t fault anyone’s attitude on the pitch today. I thought everyone gave it a good go, and about time.

Unfortunately it wasn’t enough. I still don’t think Portsmouth are that good, and very beatable.

Unlucky today lads, but it’s now turned in to a four horse race for sixth.

Here we go, endless boring pointless posts from the DESciples saying what a great performance that was.

Well breaking news, it’s the result that counts. We lost, we always either lose or draw under this so-called manager. Season is already over from being in 2nd place , too late now to get in a manager with actual experience to save it.
Shut the f**k up

Question is why didn't we play like that against Northampton or Leyton orient?

Only way Des will win me over is if we play the remaining 10 games the same as today.

this turd clearly delighted that we lost

Back
Top Bottom