Away Match Build Up 02/03/2024 L1: Portsmouth v OUFC

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Goodwin has to play. At our level you can't spend so much money on striker in a team that is lacking in goals and leave him on the bench. He either replaces Harris or he plays up top with Harris.

Otherwise it is a game of two teams with very similar styles, very slow build up play with passing the ball around at the back for absolutely no reason otherwise than boosting possession stats, but the big difference is that when Pompey do get the ball forward they seem to know where the goal is, unlike us. It could potentially be a very boring game with maybe 4 or 5 key moments that determine the game. I will predict that if we score a goal it will have to be another beautiful well crafted brilliant goal out of very few chances we create, if Pompey score a goal it will most likely be another horrendous mistake in our side gift wrapped and one they won't have to work particularly hard for.

I'll tell you, honestly, I will love it if we beat them, love it!

I think this counts as a free hit for the Us, pompey have won about 60% of their games.

Can’t see us getting anything, after the last few weeks.
So going for a 0:0

If Moore doesn't play i'm betting Bishop scores. Thats not me being negative just realistic.
Personally i'd play both Harris and Goodwin because Pompeys defence can be got at.

On the one hand, Pompey are seven points clear at the top, and unbeaten in eight so you would think that they were a great side.

On the other though - we saw them in action a month ago, and they were nothing special. We should have won that game, if it wasn't for an absolutely horrific ten minutes of defending in the second half.

Now because of the way we've been playing, we unfortunately can't rule out another horrific display of defending tomorrow because boy have we seen a lot of them in 2024.

But I reckon we'll see a suprisingly good performance from us, ruined by another sloppy goal resulting in yet another draw (as 8 of our last 11 games against them have been......)

3-0 Pompey but don't worry the players know what they need to do and know how to get there. Change the record Des, you're being found out game by game by game.
Hang on a minute, you’re complaining and having a go at Des for something that hasn’t even happened yet?!?

Let’s wait and see how tomorrow goes first eh Dickyboy?

I have a spare Adult and Under 14 standing ticket for Portsmouth now available. Ideally collect from Headington area this evening. Adult ticket £25, child ticket £5.

Now sold

Last edited:
Portsmouth haven’t looked like much when we’ve played them going back a few seasons but their consistency finds them deservedly top.

Sadly it’s not them, it’s us. I think we’ll lose this ourselves without Pompey really getting out of the lower gears to take advantage.

2-0 loss i think, but worst of all I don’t think we’ll lay a glove on them.

On the one hand, Pompey are seven points clear at the top, and unbeaten in eight so you would think that they were a great side.

On the other though - we saw them in action a month ago, and they were nothing special. We should have won that game, if it wasn't for an absolutely horrific ten minutes of defending in the second half.

Now because of the way we've been playing, we unfortunately can't rule out another horrific display of defending tomorrow because boy have we seen a lot of them in 2024.

But I reckon we'll see a suprisingly good performance from us, ruined by another sloppy goal resulting in yet another draw (as 8 of our last 11 games against them have been......)
I also think the performance tomorrow will be better (surmounting to a defeat) but it's on hearing in my head Desmond stating afterwards in his interview that we still have 9/10 games (down from 18 a few weeks ago) to go and that we will go again next week against the much improved Cheltnum b*llocks.

Fwiw I do think we caved and its now a case of damage limitation and I believe that this is the business plan. The interview with GF had everything in it if you scrutinised it properly.

As for tomorrow, the pom pom faithful may well 'be on there way' (this season) after years and years of being sh*te. However, do not despair as we seem to follow the blue rinsers everywhere - so if the planning in late July does go our way then we should in my words 'engineer ' to join them the following season in the championship lol.

Please Oxford shut the spotty faced f*ckers up tomorrow with a performance worthy of wearing our yellow shirt.

COYY'S

If we have the same right side of defence / midfield that we had against LO for the last 20 minutes, it won't be good.

I travel in the hope that we can reproduce THAT win but in the knowledge its more likely to be 4-1 instead of 1-4.
As they say, it's the hope that kills ya.

On the LRC coach but feeling like I should have got a train for a better day out

Come on you YELLOWS

Back
Top Bottom