Away Match Build Up 02/03/2024 L1: Portsmouth v OUFC

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think we will win this one. A drop of hope in a sea of disappointment 🫣

Massive third away game of the season for me and I don't even have to leave Hampshire to go to it (well I do because the train goes via Guildford in Surrey but I am ignoring that) and really looking forward to it, wildly misplaced optimism is leading to me to think we will win one nil, with a late winner in the spirt 2016, but the realistic bit of me is conceding that we might get hammered and I will be back in the pub before the end of the game. Don't let the football ruin a good day out, win or lose on the booze etc, sometimes you just have to try an enjoy an away day.

No way we’re going to get anything out of this game.
Fair play to those 9 people who think we’ll win!
Would love to eat my words.

I think we have all lost that Optimistic feeling at the minute, there is no pattern of play apart from Cam shooting from the coach and beyond, but at least he's trying . Let's hope we don't get stuffed and we lose even more confidence. I think we would all take a horrible 1-1 now. Great support again COYY

For the first time in many years we are choosing not to go. Long journey, clueless tactics, depressing result, hostile fans on the way to the station, long journey home. Many years loyalty being tested and failed. No blame on the team; just the idiotic and incompetent ‘leaders’.

I just can’t see how a team with a leaky defence can suddenly offer much resistance to high flying Portsmouth.
I know miracles can happen. The only hope is if Goodwin and Harris can score a few between them and Brannagan can score one of his crackers from long distance. That’d floor them

Its exactly the sort of game we go and win because we lack consistency.

1-0 to us.

Unfortunately, I must admit that I am struggling to see anything other than a defeat tomorrow. Portsmouth have got over their little blip, and our current malaise looks rather worse than a blip! A draw would be encouraging I suppose, but it's probably at least as important that we don't just do 'more of the same' and start to show that the team could be more than the sum of its parts (rather than less!).

Based on nothing but a hunch, and that the team and coaches will want to sort things out after some awful results, I predict a 2-1 away win with CamBran (finally) hitting the target from 20 yards for our winner.

Not confident enough to place a bet on the above with the bookies though.

I’ve got a spare ticket for tomorrow if anyone is interested? If so, PM me

We have a decent record against Pompey so 1-0 to us . Maybe the Des turning point, we can but hope.

Our scorer will be OG

Games with Pompey usually have a bit of excitement about them so I live in hope we will get something down there. If we win it could really set us in good stead for the run-in. Lose without a fight or confusing tactics and that'll be our season petering out down the stretch.

Big, big game!

Not expecting anything other than a drubbing. I just want to see a performance that shows intent and something to send us home with some hope and optimism for the rest of the season and beyond.

Obviously not expecting a win, but it’s the sort of game we might go and win (I know, back in the room!)

Also, if we lose it’s not the end of our season, so will keep believing (hoping) while we’ve still got a chance. Likewise, if we win it won’t automatically mean we’re going to make the play offs etc. It’ll just mean we’ve given ourselves a better chance and hopefully the whole place a bit of a lift and the players more confidence/belief.

To make the play offs (and god forbid the autos) we’ll need to be more consistent with players showing more determination/fight e.g. as though they want it (yes Rodrigues & McGuane that’s you)

What would also be good is, if we perform well for 90+ mins and really see some green shoots that we want this!

For the first time in many years we are choosing not to go. Long journey, clueless tactics, depressing result, hostile fans on the way to the station, long journey home. Many years loyalty being tested and failed. No blame on the team; just the idiotic and incompetent ‘leaders’.
A lot of us are feeling the same mate, that’s why we the fans need to stick together. Just hope we can get a result tomorrow or a performance to get you and many others back.

Remember Tim et al are only here for a short period (hopefully ends soon or he/others have a massive behaviour/personality transplant), but the fans should hopefully be ever present.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom