Away Match Build Up 02/03/2024 L1: Portsmouth v OUFC

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Portsmouth don't hammer teams, they have been consistent without putting teams away. If Moore is back and Buckingham picks the right team then I think we will be competitive, doesn't mean we will necessarily get anything though. If we are going to get turned over I would say Bolton away on a Tuesday night looks a pretty likely one, lose the next two and that seems a bit foreboding.

Another stuffing with Des ideas on how to play.
I know it’s difficult, but let’s try and be positive/supportive, at least before/during the game.

Like I said on another thread, if after the game you’re not happy with the performance, then I think it would be quite telling if the fans just went silent e.g. not clapping/singing/booing etc when the players come over to clap!!

Portsmouth don't hammer teams, they have been consistent without putting teams away. If Moore is back and Buckingham picks the right team then I think we will be competitive, doesn't mean we will necessarily get anything though. If we are going to get turned over I would say Bolton away on a Tuesday night looks a pretty likely one, lose the next two and that seems a bit foreboding.

Pretty sure they’ve scored 11 goals in their last 3 home games!

Cumming
Stevens Moore Brown Leigh
Murphy McGuane Brannagan Bodin
Harris Goodwin

Subs: Eastwood, Long, Matete, Goodrham, Dale, Rodrigues, Burey
I’d go similar, but may start with Burey on the right with Murphy on the left, moving Bodin to the bench. I’d also have Negru on the bench instead of Matete

I would say that having accumulated 1 point from the last two home games against Northampton and Leyton, the situation of two away games to Portsmouth and Bolton is already foreboding.

Stranger things have happened mind.

3-0 Pompey but don't worry the players know what they need to do and know how to get there. Change the record Des, you're being found out game by game by game.

REF WATCH

Blackburn based Ben Toner is Saturday’s referee at Fratton Park.

GDWzXa6XoAAiTCI
Hopefully better than the last time he did Pompey OUFC. :eek:

Good idea but it looks like Des has a problem with him
Des and Odense by the sounds of it and possibly Millwall too. I am guessing it's a personality or 'attitude' problem. If this is so (and none of us can really know) then it's a huge shame because I really like the cut of his jib. He has genuine speed and his crosses are nearly always dangerous.

Missing this one due to the annual winter holiday. Ordinarily I hate missing any games but I can’t say i am all that disappointed this time, which probably says a lot about where I’m at with our club at this moment in time.

Would love a 2-1 win but I can see them scoring 3 and us…not.

Missing this one due to the annual winter holiday. Ordinarily I hate missing any games but I can’t say i am all that disappointed this time, which probably says a lot about where I’m at with our club at this moment in time.

Would love a 2-1 win but I can see them scoring 3 and us…not.

Have a good holiday.

Back
Top Bottom