Home Match Day Thread 01/04/2024: L1 OUFC v Fleetwood Town

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Edwards be in the squad today? That end of season deal looking even more ridiculous as every game passes.
Someone that looks very much like Edwards can be seen on crutches in the background of the Easter Sunday chocolate video the club posted.
It's him or Josh Johnson (who has been on loan at Banbury but hasn't played for a while so could be injured)

Last edited:
What was so frustrating about Friday was that we were by far the better team, but were really sloppy.

If we can stop giving the ball away and start converting chances, there's no reason why we can't destroy them.

Let's see.

I’m going for another frustrating draw. Lincoln, Peterborough & Stevenage at home means it’s in our hands. If we don’t get positive results against those three then we don’t deserve to be in the play offs.

I’m going for another frustrating draw. Lincoln, Peterborough & Stevenage at home means it’s in our hands. If we don’t get positive results against those three then we don’t deserve to be in the play offs.
It's not in our hands though, it's now in Lincoln's hands.

What have Stevens and McGuane done then…?
Mcguane was one of our best but more recently he’s been awful, too slow on the ball, gets caught in possession and only passing the ball forward twice per game
Stevens should be in front of long

Mcguane was one of our best but more recently he’s been awful, too slow on the ball, gets caught in possession and only passing the ball forward twice per game
But to not even make the bench? All a bit odd
Agree on Stevens

But to drop McGuane entirely from the squad for 3 games straight at a time in which we've lost a midfield option to injury and keep picking a very out of form Rodrigues.

Certainly being the fall guy from the Bolton game.

Still no Goodwin. I thought it was a slight knock

You have been around here long enough to know that whenever the club use the term 'slight knock' or similar, we often don't see that player for a considerable period of time!!

I get the change - Bodin didn't do much except for the goal on Friday, and Tyler can likely come in and offer us more.

But we're still basically playing with Cam as a lone central midfielder and five forwards. We better hope that Fleetwood are bad (as Shrewsbury & Vale were) because we're not stopping anyone from getting into the final third and at our defense with that lineup.

Some interesting gossip going around, apparently there is some discord amongst the coaching staff and, perhaps more importantly, amongst the board. Some staff even talking about quitting!
As said, just gossip, nothing concrete or substantiated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom