Home Match Day Thread 01/04/2024: L1 OUFC v Fleetwood Town

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether we might have snuck into the playoffs, this season was a write-off as soon as Manning went. He was getting more out of the squad than it was really capable of, and the extra upheaval of losing Beadle, Edwards and Mills compounded that.

What we should have seen since then though is some evolution and progression under Des, guiding us into a summer transfer window with very little work to do. Instead it feels like we’ve wasted a transfer window and players who looked excellent at L1 level in the first half of the season - Rodrigues, Leigh, McGuane - have looked shadows of those players unclear of their roles in strange team selections. All of a sudden we’re four or five signings off the starting point we should have had.

What Des must demonstrate today and for the rest of the season is that he is control of what’s happening. If we go 1-0 up, then make sure that the direction and subs show that we are doing all we can to stay on the front foot, not James Henry bumbling on in a like for like change while we slowly get deeper and deeper then concede a soft goal.

We will not get a better opportunity this season than today’s game to make a statement to build from. I’m confident we’ll win, but what I really want to see is a 90 minute performance. Not one that only gets going when we concede because we can’t create that urgency and momentum ourselves and need that trigger to start playing.
Excellent post and spot on.
I want to feel I can get behind this manager.

3 wins from the last 10 at home suggests it could be a challenging afternoon .
We've nearly run out of must win matches ,lose this and Des is in the departure lounge .
A Massive up turn in form required to make 6th in league .
It's Lincoln's to lose .We aren't the favourites and haven't been for weeks like many keep suggesting .

I think a big win today. No idea why as nothing at all to suggest it's coming but Fleetwood really are a poor team.......

last 12 games for Fleetwood only 3 defeats. Might be more difficult than it looks.

last 12 games for Fleetwood only 3 defeats. Might be more difficult than it looks.
Lots of draws in there including 0-0 away to Stevenage. Even the glass half full among us would struggle to cope with that kind of result today. I'd also struggle to explain to my young grandsons why I thought watching the game on iFollow was a better way to spend a Barbados morning than the beach!

Since Charlie Adam has taken over, he has made Fleetwood much harder to beat and they've drawn a lot of games.
3 of their 7 wins all season have come in his 17 games. They've drawn with Stevenage and had narrow defeats to Barnsley and at Lincoln.

They are nowhere near as poor as they were under Brown and Johnson.

Early goal is crucial as it would mean they need to come out and I'd then fancy us on the counter.
Fleetwood need to win some games before they run out of time so would be surprised if they come and park the bus for the full 90mins.

Since Charlie Adam has taken over, he has made Fleetwood much harder to beat and they've drawn a lot of games.
3 of their 7 wins all season have come in his 17 games. They've drawn with Stevenage and had narrow defeats to Barnsley and at Lincoln.

They are nowhere near as poor as they were under Brown and Johnson.

Early goal is crucial as it would mean they need to come out and I'd then fancy us on the counter.
Fleetwood need to win some games before they run out of time so would be surprised if they come and park the bus for the full 90mins.
We need to have something in the locker other than slow passes around the back to draw them out.

Will Edwards be in the squad today? That end of season deal looking even more ridiculous as every game passes.

I think we will make hard work of it in the first half but win comfortably in the end today. A forum subsequently of ‘believe’ after today’s result before we go to Burton on Saturday and struggle and the belief is replaced by despair and the reality we just aren’t good enough (I’d love to be proved wrong)! The joys of being an Oxford fan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom