Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Would any fans turn down the chance to resign gavin whyte??? Not getting a look in at Cardiff and would be an ideal replacement for Cooper?

He'd be perfect. I doubt that Cardiff would be willing to let him go for cheap so soon after having made a big investment.

But you'd have thought a loan to the end of the season to see if he could recapture his form here could be on the cards......

Not necessarily, it will just improve us as a squad, we have to keep improving don’t we?
But Sam Long has been fine his prowess and his ability has improved so much in the last few seasons. I agree Cadden is good but I fear Sam may want to move on if he suddenly stops getting game time.

But Sam Long has been fine his prowess and his ability has improved so much in the last few seasons. I agree Cadden is good but I fear Sam may want to move on if he suddenly stops getting game time.
He would have every right to , similar to if an experienced keeper replaced Jack Stevens .

But would you want them to leave?
100% no ...love to see our own players coming through and getting a fair chance, with patience.
Players who show loyalty which we all want but we don't in return possibly.
We are league one and not a big spending club but develop players .... improvements always but not just on a whim for players who might only be around for a few months .

It might not be Les Ferdinand's helicopter but the boy Cadden might have been in the Oxfordshire Countryside this afternoon...........it was certainly a footballer's type of car that I parked behind. I think this is clear cast iron proof that's he about to sign for us - he was probably house-hunting. :cool:

View attachment 5221

Ha! I've been walking past that car for a few days now - didn't click the Cadden connection! 😉Looks slightly out of place in the village, definitely a footballer's motor!

I fear Sam may want to move on if he suddenly stops getting game time.

In these times of limited squads and salary caps, it may be very much a case of better-the-devil-you-know, especially for those labelled 'utilities'.

I think a lot of players will accept it's now a 22-man game, and be very loathe to walk away from any secure contract.

He's got 18 months left on his deal, I think he'll accept he's on a pretty good wicket, whomever gets brought in during this window.

It wouldn't be the first time he's stayed to fight for a place in the team.

Would any fans turn down the chance to resign gavin whyte??? Not getting a look in at Cardiff and would be an ideal replacement for Cooper?

Cooper plays on the left, Whyte down the right, I wouldn't couldn't consider him a replacement especially when we have Shodipo and Obita there.

Whyte is such a good player that if we can get him, we do, end of. Also don’t forget he’s played centrally for us at times and got goals. Imagine him coming off the bench for Taylor with half an hour to run at a tiring defence!

Same goes for Browne, although he’s even more positionally useful in that he can play wide left, up front or in midfield.

In these times of limited squads and salary caps, it may be very much a case of better-the-devil-you-know, especially for those labelled 'utilities'.

I think a lot of players will accept it's now a 22-man game, and be very loathe to walk away from any secure contract.

He's got 18 months left on his deal, I think he'll accept he's on a pretty good wicket, whomever gets brought in during this window.

It wouldn't be the first time he's stayed to fight for a place in the team.
And next season it’s a 20 man squad

Whyte is such a good player that if we can get him, we do, end of. Also don’t forget he’s played centrally for us at times and got goals. Imagine him coming off the bench for Taylor with half an hour to run at a tiring defence!

Same goes for Browne, although he’s even more positionally useful in that he can play wide left, up front or in midfield.
What about Winnall

He'd be perfect. I doubt that Cardiff would be willing to let him go for cheap so soon after having made a big investment.

But you'd have thought a loan to the end of the season to see if he could recapture his form here could be on the cards......
I think they wouldn't mind shifting him on clearly not in Harris plans as brought in Harry Wilson this season 🤔 loan would suit all 👍

Cooper plays on the left, Whyte down the right, I wouldn't couldn't consider him a replacement especially when we have Shodipo and Obita there.
To be fair apart from obita any of our wingers can play either side, and would think whyte could as well?
And when I say replacement for copper I didn't mean literally...I mean as in winger for winger as your point above is where the team is at at the moment 👍

To be fair apart from obita any of our wingers can play either side, and would think whyte could as well?
And when I say replacement for copper I didn't mean literally...I mean as in winger for winger as your point above is where the team is at at the moment 👍
Aluminium is a good replacement for copper, as it’s cheaper.

I think Copper should be Cooper.. Any grammatical error on this Forum is ponced on straight away.

i see no point or Long term gain for the likes of Whyte Browne or Loans etc to end of season.

This time last season we broke up the team when sitting in a fairly strong position, at some point you have to think of building a team to stay together and from where we sit right now surely it's look for incomings with next season in mind rather than all this in and out for a few months then start it all again.

Back
Top Bottom