Transfer News Summer 2023 Post-Transfer Window

Jonson Clarke-Harris deal to Gas fell through due to paperwork not being submitted in time. 🙂 so in January he wil only have 5 months left of his Posh contract which will mean his value will be less. Gas reportedly were paying £800k

Im really pleased....
I feel there is enough quality and goals in this side for the autos.

wouldve ideally liked an experienced ( at L1) level striker incoming - still, 11 new players in, in his first transfer window, LM and co have been more than proactive . A very decent window

I've slept on it and have come to the conclusion that we probably done the right thing. January is only 4 months away and if we're still up near the top and also get the right decision from the council with regards to letting us buy/lease the triangle by then we could actually go bigger and get a better striker than we would of now.

I don't get the people saying our window isn't perfect as we didn't sign an "out and out" striker. We have signed 5 exciting forwards, Goodrham is a year older, GOD is a year older, Bodin has been contributing. We have won 4 out of 5 games. I feel we have enough goals in our team and we have had an absolutely amazing transfer window.

I reckon we`ve done exceptionally well and signed some young, uninjured talent to develop and flog at a profit to pay for the footings of the Triangle and/or the ongoing legal challenges. :)

Excellent window - turned the imbalanced mess of under-performers last season into a well structured, high quality squad capable of challenging at the top end of the division.

Whether that’s at the very top may depend on the readiness of one or two teenagers, but as a comparison, Luke Armstrong is 27, hasn’t scored more than 16 in L2 and went for about half a million yesterday. Sonny Perkins was getting minutes in the Europa League at 17 and picking between PL clubs at 18. It wouldn’t be a shock if he’s far more talented than what was on the market yesterday.

We have an attacker (Goodrham) who has scored 5 goals in his last 7 league games who never gets mentioned in the centre forward goalscoring stats because he plays as part of the 3 behind the one up top which partly goes to show how people don’t really understand the 4,2,3,1 formation (when it’s put together properly after a good summer of recruitment).

The goals can not just come from the one up top, they only make up 25% of the attack in the formation we play so unless they return Halaand esque numbers we won’t be successful, even Harry Kane never managed to drag the fairly Spurs teams he played for over the line as it was only him and Son chipping in.

We need Harris and Perkins to score obviously, but even more so we need the 3 behind (whoever plays) to get good numbers just because they make up so much of the team and it’s attack, this formation only works if those 3 contribute heavily to goals and assists.

An excellent window and one not undermined by the sale of a valuable asset. Here’s hoping for our form to continue and the same again during the January window.

Big season now for O’Donkor.

With no further strikers coming in he’ll be getting a lot more minutes on the pitch now that he a won’t be 4th in the pecking list.

Look upon it in a positive way, it’s a clear signal to O’Donkor from Manning, we’ve got confidence and belief in you.

It’s also saying to the players in the youth set up, look at Goodrham and O’Donkor, if you work hard and are good enough you will be given a chance.

It’s not just about signing new players.

An unbelievable window we've got to give the boys up front the chance to prove themselves. Harris will score hopefully today and iam sure we will see Perkins on at some point as well let's now hope for a good first half of the season.

It's been a cracking few weeks, it's now about building on all that's happened and getting a lot more results like we've had so far. Hope that begins today! COYY's!!💛

I reckon we`ve done exceptionally well and signed some young, uninjured talent to develop and flog at a profit to pay for the footings of the Triangle and/or the ongoing legal challenges. :)
Yep gone are the days of the Robinson era of signing injury prone players, how some of those players got through a medical god only knows, if they went through a medical at all

That window couldn't have gone any better really what a difference from last summer/January.
Oh a selfish point I wanted a natural striker BUT I also understand that this team probably doesn't need one . It's just shows if you sign the right players get them in place before the season starts you can actually have a good start to the season not using the first few games for pre season

Yep gone are the days of the Robinson era of signing injury prone players, how some of those players got through a medical god only knows, if they went through a medical at all

Agree with that, we seemed to have moved away from those injury stricken signings. Like I said elsewhere, I think there is now real pressure on Perkins and O’Donkor to somehow push Harris for his place, we can’t let a Matty Taylor situation develop whereby he could go half a dozen games goalless yet still be the first name on the team sheet. Competition looks brutal in every position and a goal or two for Perkins and O’Donkor in the next few games will ally fears that we might just be short of a perfect 10 out of 10 transfer window.

Well done to Manning and Waldron though and to the board.

We have an attacker (Goodrham) who has scored 5 goals in his last 7 league games who never gets mentioned in the centre forward goalscoring stats because he plays as part of the 3 behind the one up top which partly goes to show how people don’t really understand the 4,2,3,1 formation (when it’s put together properly after a good summer of recruitment).

The goals can not just come from the one up top, they only make up 25% of the attack in the formation we play so unless they return Halaand esque numbers we won’t be successful, even Harry Kane never managed to drag the fairly Spurs teams he played for over the line as it was only him and Son chipping in.

We need Harris and Perkins to score obviously, but even more so we need the 3 behind (whoever plays) to get good numbers just because they make up so much of the team and it’s attack, this formation only works if those 3 contribute heavily to goals and assists.
Am I glad we didn’t sign Marriott 3 years at Derby 69 games 10 goals, 2 years at the Posh 49 games13 goals, it’s only at Fleetwood where he has had a decent return of 19 goals in 8 games
Total of 137 games and a return of 32 goals in 5 years. Dodged a bullet there

Big season now for O’Donkor.

With no further strikers coming in he’ll be getting a lot more minutes on the pitch now that he a won’t be 4th in the pecking list.

Look upon it in a positive way, it’s a clear signal to O’Donkor from Manning, we’ve got confidence and belief in you.

It’s also saying to the players in the youth set up, look at Goodrham and O’Donkor, if you work hard and are good enough you will be given a chance.

It’s not just about signing new players.

He hasn’t played that many minutes and has now dropped a place, he will see less action.

Being third choice for a team that plays one up front I would say his biggest problem will be lack of game time.

Back
Top Bottom