Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carpy

Staff member
IMG_2036.png

At the back, I think we are more than okay, we need at least a couple of forwards and another winger, if not two.

⬅️ Gorrin➡️ Bennett
⬅️ Beadle➡️ Cumming
⬅️ Mills➡️ Goodwin
⬅️ Perkins➡️ Edwards
⬅️ McGinty➡️ Dale
➡️ Matete
➡️ Burey

Last edited by a moderator:
A permanent oven ready striker.
A young loanee to swap for Perkins.
A replacement for Edwards if he's not going to be fit anytime soon.
Another winger, ideally one that can play either wing.
A creative midfielder who can cover for Rubens and replace Henry for next season.
A couple of development players in the mould of Atkinson and Negru to find their feet before the summer.

We still have a massively threadbare squad so need to start looking towards next season as well as finding some immediate reinforcements.

Regardless of loanees staying or going and our current injury hit list.
* JCH *

• React
Reactions: lid
A permanent oven ready striker.
A young loanee to swap for Perkins.
A replacement for Edwards if he's not going to be fit anytime soon.
Another winger, ideally one that can play either wing.
A creative midfielder who can cover for Rubens and replace Henry for next season.
A couple of development players in the mould of Atkinson and Negru to find their feet before the summer.

We still have a massively threadbare squad so need to start looking towards next season as well as finding some immediate reinforcements.
Just a thought
Sonny Perkins. - Jonny Kenny

You seen much of Ben Wilson Nadi?
Yes very good forward, can play all along the front and very sharp around the box.
With Hale back seems to be playing slightly wider, and providing assists for others. As well as getting his own fair share.
He , Hale and Mallon will keep Cliftonville amongst it this season.

Joe Taylor has a good record. Let’s get him and JCH for starters.
Need a goalkeeper in case Beadle gets recalled. Shift on Ed McGinty.
Clear our players who are hardly going to have any chances.
Let’s hope Leigh features soon as I am sure we’ve lost a few valuable points without him. I don’t think Derby would have won had he played, defending all those corners

In terms of the squad size we're in a good place, however it's the depth of quality we're lacking in rather than numbers. Does mean that we won't have to break the bank to improve the squad, but it might mean some incomings won't arrive until we've found clubs for some outgoing players.

Starting in goal, McGinty needs to find a club this window either on loan or permanently as three senior goalkeepers isn't what we need on the wage bill. In terms of defence we just need to sign Bennett to a longer deal. Long, Leigh and Negru coming back will add that depth.

For the midfield, I think Henry will probably make his exit in the summer, it'd be too costly to do anything in the winter. I'd be surprised if Rodriguez Gorrin has his deal extended, I'd see more sense in a new central midfielder coming in instead who will disrupt the starting XI a bit more. Smyth could be used as a makeweight too, but he's a useful option to have in the squad what with trophy games still a thing.

Perkins will go back to Leeds and Donks should be loaned out, so I expect to see two strikers come in. Also we may need to look for another winger, but this could be negated by things like Woltman, Bodin and Browne being fit, and Harris moving out to the wings when we get in our two strikers.

I think we also have to realistically assess the Edwards situation too; he's a very good winger on his day, but is he a player we're able to carry in the hopes he gets fit and stays fit? If not, I'd reluctantly send him back and look for alternative options.

TLDR;

In: Bennett (new deal), central midfielder, two strikers, possibly one/two wingers
Out: McGinty (loan or permanent), Perkins (loan end), O'Donkor (loan), Rodriguez Gorrin (contract end), Edwards (if not fit)

In terms of the squad size we're in a good place, however it's the depth of quality we're lacking in rather than numbers. Does mean that we won't have to break the bank to improve the squad, but it might mean some incomings won't arrive until we've found clubs for some outgoing players.

Starting in goal, McGinty needs to find a club this window either on loan or permanently as three senior goalkeepers isn't what we need on the wage bill. In terms of defence we just need to sign Bennett to a longer deal. Long, Leigh and Negru coming back will add that depth.

For the midfield, I think Henry will probably make his exit in the summer, it'd be too costly to do anything in the winter. I'd be surprised if Rodriguez Gorrin has his deal extended, I'd see more sense in a new central midfielder coming in instead who will disrupt the starting XI a bit more. Smyth could be used as a makeweight too, but he's a useful option to have in the squad what with trophy games still a thing.

Perkins will go back to Leeds and Donks should be loaned out, so I expect to see two strikers come in. Also we may need to look for another winger, but this could be negated by things like Woltman, Bodin and Browne being fit, and Harris moving out to the wings when we get in our two strikers.

I think we also have to realistically assess the Edwards situation too; he's a very good winger on his day, but is he a player we're able to carry in the hopes he gets fit and stays fit? If not, I'd reluctantly send him back and look for alternative options.

TLDR;

In: Bennett (new deal), central midfielder, two strikers, possibly one/two wingers
Out: McGinty (loan or permanent), Perkins (loan end), O'Donkor (loan), Rodriguez Gorrin (contract end), Edwards (if not fit)
Think we need more if edwards and browne arent gonna be fit. Cant rely on goodrham mills and murphy. Would need 2 wingers to replace Edwards and Browne. Defo agree on Bennett. Probably a RB and GK if they get recalled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom