Transfer Window January 2024 Post Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Colin B definitely, someone who I'd want on my side in a rumble. @Manorlounger for sure, directing the attack from the back sat under a sunshade consuming a brew and biscuits. @Sarge on the sidelines with a big sound system acting as the cavalry drummer with top 70s tunes. @RyanioBirdio for the glamour brought, @MJB the willing foot soldier. Of course, transport to the rumble driven by @Scotchegg.
Given due consideration, it occurred to me that @bazzer9461 should be included. He could provide a transcript of events for everyone!

If they've got anything about then, our top brass will provide a short presentation at the start of the meeting where they focus on the positive aspects of the club but also show some contrition as to what they have got wrong in the past 12 months. I remember attending a fans forum when things were not going well and Ian Lenaghan did exactly this, controlled the narrative and diffused what could have been an awkward 90 minutes. I seem to recall him saying something along the lines of 'I'm a Rugby League rather than football man and I have made some mistakes which I've learnt from'.

If they've got anything about then, our top brass will provide a short presentation at the start of the meeting where they focus on the positive aspects of the club but also show some contrition as to what they have got wrong in the past 12 months. I remember attending a fans forum when things were not going well and Ian Lenaghan did exactly this, controlled the narrative and diffused what could have been an awkward 90 minutes. I seem to recall him saying something along the lines of 'I'm a Rugby League rather than football man and I have made some mistakes which I've learnt from'.

As long as it isn't full of pure management speak BS like that Swindon effort where they included a segment on how they used MS Paint to add some guff onto their badge and placed these around their training ground.

A really good window on paper but in reality only Dale and Edwards have made a lasting contribution, this has to be better going forward.

A really good window on paper but in reality only Dale and Edwards have made a lasting contribution, this has to be better going forward.

Grant Ferguson was very happy with how our January window went when praising it at the Fans Forum 3 weeks back just shows how far behind we are as a club by having the right people fit for purpose in there jobs.

Burey: linked all last summer but chose not to come went to Belgium instead & signed out of nowhere in January as we were desperate for wingers at the time despite the warnings of having a attitude problem which seems now to been the case

Goodwin: a player we were told was injury prone from Cheltenham fans has proven to be the same for us every game I’ve witnessed he’s been slow of the pace & always looked like he was carrying a injury still

Matete our Defensive Midfielder saviour on January 31st who hadn’t played since May 23 & never got to see his real potential as he was so far behind match fitness he ended up playing with another knee injury again

Cummings: despite being player of the season at MK has shown next to nothing for us in fact been one of the biggest disappointments in this January window he’s looked real poor for the majority of games

Dale: feels like he wanted to find a club where the fans could appreciate him so far his performances have shown partly that no way the finished article as other previous clubs fans have said his final ball needs to improve & yesterday was a classic example of that.

Grant Ferguson was very happy with how our January window went when praising it at the Fans Forum 3 weeks back just shows how far behind we are as a club by having the right people fit for purpose in there jobs.

Burey: linked all last summer but chose not to come went to Belgium instead & signed out of nowhere in January as we were desperate for wingers at the time despite the warnings of having a attitude problem which seems now to been the case

Goodwin: a player we were told was injury prone from Cheltenham fans has proven to be the same for us every game I’ve witnessed he’s been slow of the pace & always looked like he was carrying a injury still

Matete our Defensive Midfielder saviour on January 31st who hadn’t played since May 23 & never got to see his real potential as he was so far behind match fitness he ended up playing with another knee injury again

Cummings: despite being player of the season at MK has shown next to nothing for us in fact been one of the biggest disappointments in this January window he’s looked real poor for the majority of games

Dale: feels like he wanted to find a club where the fans could appreciate him so far his performances have shown partly that no way the finished article as other previous clubs fans have said his final ball needs to improve & yesterday was a classic example of that.
Burey was loaned from a Danish league club.

Edwards only made five appearances for us, and hasn't played for weeks. I'm not sure you can include him in the 'made a contribution' column really.

Can someone please explain to me we are creating chances but not scoring. We have spent 400k on a striker who is made of glass , we have to say our recruitment is very hit and miss .
We might still make the playoffs but l am not sure. The sad thing is l think this year was there for the taking.

Back
Top Bottom