Transfer News Summer 2023 Post-Transfer Window

I know it was against very limited opposition but I watched the Cray Valley v Charlton FA Cup replay and I was left shaking my head at Charlton managing to sign Alfie May for £250k. It was daylight robbery. Im going to show my age now but the way he took his goal reminded me so much of Dalglish back in the day. The speed of thought and clinical finish.

I was also really impressed - again - with midfielder George Dobson. He also stood out against us. I see Charlton’s supporters are getting very twitchy that he hasnt signed his new contract offer. I’d hope he is very much on our radar.

Having said Cray Valley were limited, I was impressed with the left winger Kyrell Lisbie - son of Kevin Lisbie - he definitely had something about him and I can see him getting snapped up by someone in January

I know it was against very limited opposition but I watched the Cray Valley v Charlton FA Cup replay and I was left shaking my head at Charlton managing to sign Alfie May for £250k. It was daylight robbery. Im going to show my age now but the way he took his goal reminded me so much of Dalglish back in the day. The speed of thought and clinical finish.

I was also really impressed - again - with midfielder George Dobson. He also stood out against us. I see Charlton’s supporters are getting very twitchy that he hasnt signed his new contract offer. I’d hope he is very much on our radar.

Having said Cray Valley were limited, I was impressed with the left winger Kyrell Lisbie - son of Kevin Lisbie - he definitely had something about him and I can see him getting snapped up by someone in January
Alfie may is class no doubt about it shame we missed out on him but we move on .... A player I liked from those two replay games last week was ( I think his name) John Mcatee

Alfie may is class no doubt about it shame we missed out on him but we move on .... A player I liked from those two replay games last week was ( I think his name) John Mcatee
Not John Mcatee, he is at Barnsley, on loan from Luton.

Dobson is the opposition player I've been most impressed with this season, I thought he was excellent at our place. At 26 time isn't exactly running out but if he signs a new deal with Charlton and they continue to underperform then he'll struggle to make the Championship which must be on his mind.

Re: May, £250k was an absolute steal. By all accounts he only wanted to go to Charlton so making out we missed out on some low hanging fruit is silly. Equally silly is saying that we wouldn't want him anyway because they're 11th while we're second with Harris getting there goals. I don't mind Harris but if you offered me a swap I'd snap your hand off and I think most fans would if they were being honest.

I couldn't get to Cheltenham today, so went to AFCW versus Notts County. Saw two forwards that people have mentioned as we look for a forward in January. Langstaff of County Absolutely not. Lazy goalhanger. Can hit the ball, but almost no effort otherwise. A slightly less tubby Cole Stockton. Al Hamadi of AFCW. Yes, please. Extremely quick, physical, great attitude and can finish. Unfortunately Championship clubs are interested . AFCW want £1.5M+.

Matt Penney I think based on the picture on the Number 1 of the advent calendar.
Though he didn't have a beard at Ipswich.

Joe Bennett also available? Not sure on any others.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom