Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

We've needed a good RB/LB pairing for about 5 years. If we get Obita settled and Cadden in- watch this space. We'll be transformed and we'll fly with this squad. Long and Ruffs are solid/dependable but only that really.

Long can be excellent defensively- the only way either of our side backs ever push beyond 'fine'.

Yeah I'll shut it.

(for now..!)

Competition and pressure is good. Long is continuing his great form and Ruffels has bucked up hugely in the last week or two.

2/3 players coming in will provide hugely beneficial and positive competition across a few positions and that can only bode well moving forwards.

Can’t see anyone offering money for Sykes, a player with 6 months left on his contract who is only occasionally making the bench for a mid table league one club and with no real success behind him isn’t exactly going to be in a bidding war. Might get someone to take on some of his wages on a loan deal in league one or two maybe then he will go on a free on the summer.

Showed a bit of promise but never really pushed on. McGuane can’t get in a poor Forest side and he is a couple of levels above Sykes so would be amazed if a championship side had the slightest interest in him, be a bit surprised if many had even heard of him.

Can’t see anyone offering money for Sykes, a player with 6 months left on his contract who is only occasionally making the bench for a mid table league one club and with no real success behind him isn’t exactly going to be in a bidding war. Might get someone to take on some of his wages on a loan deal in league one or two maybe then he will go on a free on the summer.

Showed a bit of promise but never really pushed on. McGuane can’t get in a poor Forest side and he is a couple of levels above Sykes so would be amazed if a championship side had the slightest interest in him, be a bit surprised if many had even heard of him.
Can sign a precontract this month...unless a team decide they want him now rather than wait for competition in the summer.

I suspect if he goes, he will most probably stay in league one. If he gets a run in the #8 with the right players around him he will excel.

Interesting to see what happens though

Might be best to let him go on a free now with a sell-on fee, rather than lose him for nothing in the summer.
I quite like him, he's not really done it consistently this season for us, but I think he has the potential to be Championship.

Can sign a precontract this month...unless a team decide they want him now rather than wait for competition in the summer.

I suspect if he goes, he will most probably stay in league one. If he gets a run in the #8 with the right players around him he will excel.

Interesting to see what happens though

Can you sign a pre contract in January with a team in the same country? I always thought that only applied if you were going abroad?

If we want to sign Gavin Whyte then we might want to move quickly. Neil Harris’ job is under threat at Cardiff, and any new manager is likely to want to check all his options.

Can you sign a pre contract in January with a team in the same country? I always thought that only applied if you were going abroad?
Yeah is part of the Bosman. If 23 or older you can sign a pre contract 6months from the end of your contract.

I thought you can, I thought Liam Sercombe did for us back in the day.

That rings a bell, but I would of thought that signing for a team in the same league as your current team would throw up a real conflict of interest if you were to play against them near the end of the season and the new team had something riding on the result?

But would you want them to leave?
But that's the model the club subscribes to. Young player, playing consistently well, catches the eye of a championship side and he's sold, aka Baptiste. Just because we have one player who has had a few good games doesn't mean to say that you don't look at bringing quality in that position.

If we want to sign Gavin Whyte then we might want to move quickly. Neil Harris’ job is under threat at Cardiff, and any new manager is likely to want to check all his options.
Is anyone credible outside of this board mentioning any interest in Gavin Whyte? He’s on twice what he would earn here at Cardiff, why on earth would he come?

Back
Top Bottom