Home Match Day Thread 28/11/2023 L1: OUFC v Bolton Wanderers

Who was your MOM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some of Boltons interplay was very good indeed in their last match, although they were given the freedom to thread passes through at will.
Tonight will go a long way to showing us just where we are in this promotion race.
If we are at it, then we have a good chance to get a positive result out of it. If we are slack arsed like last Saturday, then they could well come away with the 3 points.

A score Draw for me.

Don't forget me.
Littlemore lunatic.
Hahaha & Barton boot boys Town Furze boot boys, Peat Moors Perverts, Wood Farm Casual Walkers, Cowley Road Serious Drinking Crew, Oxford Mental Mob, The Bad Breath Crew...

It appears that we're playing a universe-eleven, this evening.

To be honest, I'm just proud that little-3rd-placed Oxford are even on the same pitch as these marvels of the modern game. It's an honour we shouldn't easily forget.

😐

It's bizarre isn't it?

Fwiw, Bolton are yet to travel to anyone in the current Top 9, all season.

And as impressive as their recent run is, the only decent opponent has been Blackpool (at home, too).

One defeat for us, coupled with an impressive winning run (against mid-table opposition) for them - and suddenly it's an away banker.

Hopefully the players have a stronger mentality.

Chances so good you’re guilty if you miss them?

The Bolton lot are talking about how miserable we all are, so this is for them: we are gonna win 4-0. Harris x 2 Bran x 2.

My seat will be empty, I’ll be watching whilst staying warm at home in the glow of what a great parent I am.

I’ll do a Tuesday game later in the year against someone rubbish just so I can pipe up when the same argument about attendances starts.

Still really looking forward to it.

Clearly the saying has never graced your world.

Enjoy watching from the comfort of your home. We will do our best to fight the traffic, the elements and the soulless Kass Stad in your absence.

Come on you yellows!

It's bizarre isn't it?

And as impressive as their recent run is, the only decent opponent has been Blackpool (at home, too).

One defeat for us, coupled with an impressive winning run (against mid-table opposition) for them - and suddenly it's an away banker.

Rumour has it that Buckingham has had the team watching videos of Per Frandsen, Ricardo Gardner and John McGinlay since Saturday, in an attempt to prepare them for the scale of the challenge.

“Standing on the shoulders of giants, boys. This is the size of the task we face. This is our day of reckoning. These are the standards.”

I’ve heard of gilt-edged chances.
Enjoy watching from the comfort of your home. We will do our best to fight the traffic, the elements and the soulless Kass Stad in your absence.

Come on you yellows!
I truly hope I’m jealous of you all come 10pm. Actually, screw that, I’m already jealous to miss it.

Come on you yellows!
A gilt is a UK Government liability denominated in sterling, issued by HM Treasury and listed on the London Stock Exchange. The term “gilt” or “gilt-edged security” is a reference to the primary characteristic of gilts as an investment: their security. This is a reflection of the fact that the British Government has never failed to make interest payments or principal payments on gilts as they fall due.

A gilt is a UK Government liability denominated in sterling, issued by HM Treasury and listed on the London Stock Exchange. The term “gilt” or “gilt-edged security” is a reference to the primary characteristic of gilts as an investment: their security. This is a reflection of the fact that the British Government has never failed to make interest payments or principal payments on gilts as they fall due.

Indeed it is. Bloody predictive text got the better of me on my phone. Modern day technology; it's not for the feint hearted!

We’ve been playing ourselves out of form for a while now, and I think a change of system is needed.

With that in mind, I’d like to see something like this:
IMG_1283.jpeg

Or this:

IMG_1282.jpeg

Gotta play two up front in my opinion, to get someone up top alongside Harris, to see if that gets him scoring, otherwise drop him.

Bolton are a good footballing side, which will hopefully allow us to play to our strengths more.

Any win will do…

It's bizarre isn't it?

I think you’ll find we beat Wycombe and Charlton away Andy plus Derby, Blackpool and Stevenage at home out of the top ten at that time but then you can only beat what’s in front of you so hopefully we’ll add Oxford to the away list tonight? 😉 Based on the fact we haven’t lost away to you since 1984 I’m hoping we can continue the run but it will be a very tough ask as you’ve certainly made a cracking start. Let’s just hope it’s a good game with the best team coming out on top and not spoiled by poor officials as so many are.

Chances so good you’re guilty if you miss them?

The Bolton lot are talking about how miserable we all are, so this is for them: we are gonna win 4-0. Harris x 2 Bran x 2.

My seat will be empty, I’ll be watching whilst staying warm at home in the glow of what a great parent I am.

I’ll do a Tuesday game later in the year against someone rubbish just so I can pipe up when the same argument about attendances starts.

Still really looking forward to it.

That's incredibly perceptive. I was certain I'd said nothing to give it away.

I just hope that:

• We go back to our style of passing football, keeping the ball while playing forward passes with plenty of movement off the ball - when we did that a couple of times on Saturday they couldn’t live with it
  • Murphy starts, he’s earned it after his last two appearances
  • We attack them and be brave on the ball
  • Oxford win

At the weekend, people were looking at league position and thinking ‘we’ll batter this lot’ and were proved wrong.

Today some are looking at Bolton, where they are and on the back of a 7-0 win (they had an 8-1 in the EFL Trophy too) and thinking we’ll get battered.

It’s probably somewhere in between. We need a better performance first and then can see what we can do.

Also, want to know who Bolton have lost their three games against? A 0-4 home defeat to Wigan, a defeat at useless Reading and a 3-1 defeat to Carlisle. They lose to the division’s also rans as well.

This has been a very strange season for me...

Everything at the club is clearly on the up both on and off the pitch, and to be 3rd after last season is a fantastic effort all round...

...but, for some reason, I'm not hitting the emotional heights I probably should be (a case of manningitis?)

Whether it's the myriad of international breaks, or the fact that after every high, has immediately come a crash back to earth (great transfer window - lose to Cambridge and Bristol // planning go ahead - gift the antis a way back in to the argument with road closures// Browne hits form - injured// Edwards hits form - injured // play some great football - decide to start sitting back to relinquish any advantage after an hour and dropping points // still be sat on 2nd - Liam quits // appoint Our Des - lose on Saturday and probably tonight)

I'm sure we'll soon be back to our winning ways, and will be there or thereabouts come April, but it's just feeling like it's harder and more frustrating than it should be..

Ho hum.....(hopefully they can be back to good tonight 🤞 )

At the weekend, people were looking at league position and thinking ‘we’ll batter this lot’ and were proved wrong.

Today some are looking at Bolton, where they are and on the back of a 7-0 win (they had an 8-1 in the EFL Trophy too) and thinking we’ll get battered.

It’s probably somewhere in between. We need a better performance first and then can see what we can do.

Also, want to know who Bolton have lost their three games against? A 0-4 home defeat to Wigan, a defeat at useless Reading and a 3-1 defeat to Carlisle. They lose to the division’s also rans as well.
In fairness Uni, the only one we should have lost was the Wigan game where we just didn’t turn up. Reading we absolutely mullered but missed gilt edged chance after chance and paid for it in the last 12 minutes giving a soft goal away then losing all control giving away another. Carlisle we were pretty average but again we’re well on top then suckered with a breakaway to give them the lead. Chasing the game our keeper inexplicably came up for a corner with 5 minutes to go and failed to get back. Over a season well all have games like that and no doubt like you last Saturday, we’ll lose games we really shouldn’t but that’s football I suppose, nothings certain just like tonight. 😉

This has been a very strange season for me...

Everything at the club is clearly on the up both on and off the pitch, and to be 3rd after last season is a fantastic effort all round...

...but, for some reason, I'm not hitting the emotional heights I probably should be (a case of manningitis?)

Whether it's the myriad of international breaks, or the fact that after every high, has immediately come a crash back to earth (great transfer window - lose to Cambridge and Bristol // planning go ahead - gift the antis a way back in to the argument with road closures// Browne hits form - injured// Edwards hits form - injured // play some great football - decide to start sitting back to relinquish any advantage after an hour and dropping points // still be sat on 2nd - Liam quits // appoint Our Des - lose on Saturday and probably tonight)

I'm sure we'll soon be back to our winning ways, and will be there or thereabouts come April, but it's just feeling like it's harder and more frustrating than it should be..

Ho hum.....(hopefully they can be back to good tonight 🤞 )
I second this. It doesn't feel as good to be 3rd (for now) as I think it should.

Back
Top Bottom