• Draw

Votes: 28 37.3%
  • Bolton

Votes: 31 41.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Malc

Staff member
Going to be very dificcult to get anything from this game Bolton are really flying.

Keep the faith.

Actually more confident of a result in this one than on Saturday, purely for the fact Bolton will come and play. Good transitions will be vital and Harris' pace behind will be key - I also wouldn't be against sacrificing a 'Number 10' for an extra body in midfield (McEachran) with Rodrigues being suspended. I believe Josh is one of the few players we have who can consistently break the lines with his forward passing.

Moore coming in will be a huge boost, but who partners him? Negru and Thorniley were both a shambles on Saturday, I would go with the latter purely for left foot/right foot balance and think he has a bit more pace to deal with Dion Charles.

Beadle

Stevens
Moore
Thorniley
Brown

Brannagan
Mcguane
Mceachran

Mills
Harris
Edwards

Draw wouldn't be the worst result in the world and think most would take a point - including the away side. I'll go with 1-1 (Brannagan) in front of a crowd of 9,014.

Well surely we will be better than Saturday, in part because of the way that Bolton will play.
We have bounced back from awful performances at Cambridge ( and Bristol City) and Wigan before this season.
Bolton have had a fantastic run, with a ridiculous result on Saturday. But we all know that in football, things never go on forever and they are due an off day.
A draw is the most likely result I reckon.

If we perform anything like Saturday, with the bench acting like a group of trapist monks, not a cat in hells chance of even a point.
The backroom staff could be in by then, helping to prevent all of the excellent early season work come undone.

I am expecting thornily to partner Moore as experience needed. Shame about Leigh probably being unavailable. Fingers crossed we get our act together. Can't wait to watch the game unfold

Can't see us getting anything at all unfortunately.
giphy.gif

we cant play as bad as we did Saturday (can we?) , Bolton after their 7-0 may be thinking all they have to do is turn up. They are a footballing side, so I fancy us to get a hard fought home win, 2-1

that said, with Perkiss as referee literally anything can happen

It's hard to see how we play so poorly against second bottom to beating top of the league who are coming off the back of a 7-0 win in the space of 3 days.

Hope I'm wrong (obviously) but it's tough to be optimistic!

If we perform anything like Saturday, with the bench acting like a group of trapist monks, not a cat in hells chance of even a point.
The backroom staff could be in by then, helping to prevent all of the excellent early season work come undone.
Yes, really important that the bench scream, shout, wave their arms in the air a lot and are generally "passionate".

I'd prefer calm analysis and thoughtful communication.. but hey ho.

I can only see an away win I think it will be 2-3 a great advert for league one with Bolton just being to strong for us in the end

I can only see an away win I think it will be 2-3 a great advert for league one with Bolton just being to strong for us in the end
Pretty much this. A good game of football, we play well and restore confidence, but lose by the odd goal.

There’s no getting away from it, we were dire in the first half on Saturday. The second half was much improved but the damage had been done. Let’s see how quickly Des learns from that:

Oxford United 0 - Bolton Wanderers 0.

we cant play as bad as we did Saturday (can we?) , Bolton after their 7-0 may be thinking all they have to do is turn up. They are a footballing side, so I fancy us to get a hard fought home win, 2-1

that said, with Perkiss as referee literally anything can happen
A repeat of 40 years ago will do fine. United 5 Bolton 0. A sweltering Good Friday with Aldridge opening his home account. Need his sort of replacement in the January window !!

We lost on Saturday which wasn't easy to swallow but ffs just because the opposition cuffed a poor Exeter outfit by seven surely doesn't mean we are now suddenly a shoe-in away win for the bookmakers among our fan base? A win at home should always be achievable whoever we play in this division especially after our own capitulation to a bottom of the table side not much more than 72 hours ago. However, I never commit to any draw at home but would I take a point if we are 1-0 down with just 7 seconds on the clock left? Yes ok then.

Get out of your jim jams and get your body mass through those turnstiles tomorrow evening.

COYY'S.

We lost on Saturday which wasn't easy to swallow but ffs just because the opposition cuffed a poor Exeter outfit by seven surely doesn't mean we are now suddenly a shoe-in away win for the bookmakers among our fan base? A win at home should always be achievable whoever we play in this division especially after our own capitulation to a bottom of the table side not much more than 72 hours ago. However, I never commit to any draw at home but would I take a point if we are 1-0 down with just 7 seconds on the clock left? Yes ok then.

Get out of your jim jams and get your body mass through those turnstiles tomorrow evening.

COYY'S.
Agree.
3rd v 1st and some of our supporters are suggesting that we have no chance.
Bolton will lose games going forwards.

Buckingham's interview on iFollow is decent. I was left with no doubt that he has had stern words with the squad regarding their discipline.

I'm sure someone entirely unqualified will be along shortly to tell us that they've analysed his speech patterns, breathing cadence and body language, all of which show, without question, that he is a charlatan who should be drummed out of the club and publicly flogged atop Shotover.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom