Votes: 53 76.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • Northampton

Votes: 4 5.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The County Ground, Northampton was comfortably the worst FL ground I’ve ever visited.

However not sure we played that many matches there?

Oxford are not on the radar for many Cobblers but the as you are just down/up the A43 the extra away support is bound to generate a some sort of rivalry, mainly with those that travel to away games.
I dont know what forum you are reading but your match thread on THE is mostly reminiscing about general old away games and I guess that's to fill the void. No-one really hates Ox fans, there's not much to hate as you are such a pleasant set and as you say, not feeling anything.
A selection of comments from the pre-match thread on the Northampton forum:

“I really don't like these”

“Neither do I. Best team in league two my a**e..”

“I really don't like Oxford”

The derby for us!”

“some of their fans are absolute årses”

“…for some of us in the south of the county on the Oxon border or actually living in Oxford itself, they take priority...”

A selection of comments from the pre-match thread on the Northampton forum:

“I really don't like these”

“Neither do I. Best team in league two my a**e..”

“I really don't like Oxford”

The derby for us!”

“some of their fans are absolute årses”

“…for some of us in the south of the county on the Oxon border or actually living in Oxford itself, they take priority...”
They have purple shirts. That’s it. They were only interesting under Wilder when they were briefly good

Most memorable game at their’s personally has to be 1985. Little did I know when travelling to Northampton that evening for the League Cup replay, that victory that night would be the start of something special (having nearly lost to them at the Manor). And I, subsequently, would be one of the few to be able to claim that I watched every game we played en-route to winning the Milk Cup (Villa being the only other away game)!
Wasn't a replay it was a 2 legged game we'd already won the first leg.
I was there😊

Wasn't a replay it was a 2 legged game we'd already won the first leg.
I was there😊
I thought we had drawn the first. How one’s memory fades. Do remember them bringing a few across at the Manor. They were (are) never well supported away back then but was their big day out. A good few even popped round afterwards (London Road) for some additional entertainment!

I was worried about this before our fast attacking display vs Burton last weekend but I’m quite confident we will do a number on the cobblers tomorrow and I think we will have far too much for them.

Beadle
Stevens Moore Brown Bennett
McGuane Brannagan
Mills Rodders Murphy
Harris​

Subs: Eastwood, Thornley, Smyth, Tyler, Bodin, Henry, GOD

The performance against Burton was possibly a season changer, unless we find out tomorrow it was because Burton were so dire! I prefer to believe that Des lit the blue touch paper and tomorrow we will witness fireworks! Can you tell I'm getting EXCITED!!!!

Northampton Town 0 - Oxford United 2.

Reckon there will be a few goals, going for an entertaining (for the neutral) 2-2 draw.

The opposition will be preoccupied with Rodrigues and Murphy, enabling Harris to break his drought and Brannigan to score from the edge of the box.

Their main claim to 'fame' is that they are the only club to have risen from the old Fourth Division or equivalent to the top division and back down again in consecutive seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom