Home Match Day Thread 26/12/2020 L1 OUFC v AFC Wimbledon

Absolutely bloody awful. Against AFC Wimbledon. We are totally Rubbish. But hey, we won, and thats all that matters.

Now looking forward to seeing Robbos transfers.
Usual hysterical overreaction. We weren’t that bad. And we aren’t totally rubbish.
You trigger me every game with your crap, if that’s your aim I hope that pleases you.

Yeah, not really a game of two halves - more a game of one quarter that was great and then three quarters that was pretty harum scarum.

There was some shoddy defending at times in that second half, but thankfully Stevens bailed them out every time (plus once by the post).
That's what, one goal conceded in five games since he came in? Making the shirt his own!

Dan Agyei terrifies me when he has any defensive duties. I see no problem bringing him on as a sub when we're trying to hold on to a lead - but it's got to be for Taylor. If we need to replace someone in the middle and/or the RHS, then Forde or Hall are both orders of magnitude calmer when pushed back into defensive positions........

Anyways, three more points and the table is starting to look a little less scary. Get at least four points from our next two games (which should be doable) and we'll be squarely in the mid-table comfort zone.

Absolutely bloody awful. Against AFC Wimbledon. We are totally Rubbish. But hey, we won, and thats all that matters.

Sorry, I disagree with that. We played well early on, and got two goals, and dominated.

Yes they came back into it, and we sat back, but we also defended well and with character and effort.

If we had lost that 2-0 just like Wimbledon, you’d also be saying we are rubbish surely? So we can’t win!!

Jack Stevens, great performance, now sort your goal kicks out and you'll be top man going forward

Great result after being under so much pressure
Yes , reminds me of Steve Hardwick back in the day , his goal kicks oh dear , but a great stopper and clears his line so well .

A real scuffle. Thought we defended well. Dons far far better than Northampton and scummers.

We would have dropped points with Eastwood between the sticks.

Kelly has got to be replaced, he’s just too small for the standard L1 rough and tumble.

Spanish hatchet man of the match. Thought his booking was doubtful though.

Subs did Ok.

Reckon we will struggle on Tuesday night without Gorrin. Hanson should be his replacement.

COYY.

Oh get a grip, we won with a clean sheet. Yeah we were outthought there but dug in well. As with Swindon if we’d taken that easy chance we’d have won comfortably

I thought Agyei was terrible. He was slow off the mark and more interested in thrusting his body at players rather than playing the ball. The only positive thing he seemed to do was come flying back to head a ball out for a corner. I don't see him helping break forwards at all.

The fact that we did a lot of the ugly stuff there and kept a clean sheet is actually a huge positive for me.

Yes, it wasn’t pretty after the first 20, but we dug in and sometimes it’s just what you have to do.

Go back 8 games and we lose that... we have now come a long way in a short time.

Kip is , I’m afraid to say, correct with his summary tonight. That was difficult to watch and a scary re-run of the
Swindon debacle where we start the second half so deep, lose the first contact and then can’t get on the ball. It looked like ‘ fear ’ football
for the second forty-five and the last 20 minutes of the first half. Robbo can’t be impressed with that. It was turgid stuff.

Having said that if McGuane buries that golden chance on the stroke of H/T we win comfortably.

Back
Top Bottom