Home Match Day Thread 15/12/2020 L1 OUFC v Northampton Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
And yet another match. But now with 2000 spectators, that should help the lads beat Northampton. Feeling very confident that we will win by at least 2 goals. And if Atkinson plays then a clean sheet as well.

Agree; expecting a 3-0 or a 3-1 win.

Stevens
Long Mousinho Moore Ruffels
Kelly Gorrin McGuane
Henry Taylor Obita
--
Eastwood Hanson Shodipo Sykes Clare Agyei LCP

Although, of course, it'll be nothing at all like this.

I don’t think this is in the bag before we kick off , and thats a dangerous game.
Its going to be tight , and totally different game to Hull . We will have to have a much more forward thinking game, and get the best support for MT , people are starting to say he is lazy and doesn’t work to get the ball , but he needs the ball to his feet of course will score in the right position.Again Atkinson , will be massive loss if not playing. But 1-0 to us .

Looks like Atko won't be playing.
Expecting a tight game, but, expecting a win.
I know it's a bit cocky expecting one, but if , the players think we'll come good it's got to start now

• React
Reactions: m
1-0 to us, from the only bit of good play in the whole game. Fingernails gone by the end as Mousinho's knees start visibly steaming. Karl bullish after the final whistle and gives us a list of five wingers that are ready to come in in the January window.

A bit of complacency on here, I feel. A sort of ‘well if we can draw against Hull, Ipswich, Portsmouth and Blackpool of course we can beat Northampton’ attitude. Recent matches against the Cobblers have been right stinkers and we’ve got to treat them with as much respect as any side.

Turn up, get the job done, consolidate a good run of draws and unbeaten results with a win and it’ll feel like we’ve moving in the right direction.

Cobblers are set piece merchants by all accounts. We'll miss the height of Atkinson tonight

With Atkinson out I will go one nil to them after a terrible game, they nearly always are against a side that seem to be long ball, dire hoof merchants whoever is in charge of them.

This could be Stevens biggest test to date. He has done ok but was lucky to get away with one on Saturday just before half time.
As somebody said, Northampton are long ball merchants and will hoof it forwards and into the box.
We gave to stay tight, not let them get in front and we need a bit of class from Henry, Taylor or McGuane.

Agree; expecting a 3-0 or a 3-1 win.

Stevens
Long Mousinho Moore Ruffels
Kelly Gorrin McGuane
Henry Taylor Obita
--
Eastwood Hanson Shodipo Sykes Clare Agyei LCP

Although, of course, it'll be nothing at all like this.
I think the Starting XI will be this, unless he puts Long back into the middle, which opens up the possibility of Clare at full back again now the opposition are perceived as weaker. That would be a big gamble ( though one his stubbornness might see), othwise forde or Hanson there?

LCP is out on loan, so forde or hall will have to come into the 18 instead (or both with Sykes left out?) .

Not expecting too much from this one, though a win would do a lot of good all round

We may have stopped shipping 2 goals a game but our existing squad is not currently able to solve the problem of creating scoring opportunities. Things have to change in January. If we can scrape a win tonight of any sort I will be ecstatic.

No clean sheet but a 2-1 win, as we begin to slowly climb away from the trapdoor. good game for Stevens

A bit of complacency on here, I feel. A sort of ‘well if we can draw against Hull, Ipswich, Portsmouth and Blackpool of course we can beat Northampton’ attitude. Recent matches against the Cobblers have been right stinkers and we’ve got to treat them with as much respect as any side.

Turn up, get the job done, consolidate a good run of draws and unbeaten results with a win and it’ll feel like we’ve moving in the right direction.
I haven't seen/ heard anyone say " of course we'll beat Northampton"

Make the most of the live football over Xmas; the Wimbledon match may be the last for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom