Away Match Day Thread 20/04/2021 L1 AFC Wimbledon v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant really judge both of their manager changes as to where they stand currently in the table as none of them have had a transfer window to bring in players.
Oh come on , Pompey lost the last three shockingly bad

Cant really judge both of their manager changes as to where they stand currently in the table as none of them have had a transfer window to bring in players.
It's not an exact comparison, but it's still relevant. With the team Pompey have in particular they shouldn't need a transfer window. Fleetwood overachieved last season rather than under this season imo.

Since barker has been injured we have been pretty poor. We got lucky against Gills and exposed today. Think it shows how important it is too have two pacey strong wingers in KRs formation for us to be successful. Hopefully we can get 2 players in over the summer in the browne / whyte / barker mould.
So we were lucky against Gillingham, so surely we were unlucky today then ??
What logic are you showing ?

Their chances were mainly when we were a man down and chasing the game! We had more possession, more corners, dominated the game until going down to ten. The ref card was deserved, so that’s fine, but the original comment was about not deserving to win regardless of the red card, which is absolutely and categorically incorrect. Take that moment of madness out and we either win the game or they just about hang on to a draw with us absolutely battering them

The fact is the red card stopped an equaliser. We might of had more possession but we didn't really create loads of chances. Football is a 90 minute game and the only time the result matters is at the end.

Decent away performance. We've played worse and won this year. Decent officials. Henry's got away with a couple of those on-the-line hands in the past, one of those things. Mark Robinson's doing a great job for wombles, the way he runs things is impressive. Good to see the new plough lane, been a long time coming. To still be anywhere near a shout of playoffs is a bonus. After the depressing ESL nonsense this week that was a good honest game against the league's form team. Piggot is a very good player. So is Rob Atkinson. I thought Lee had his best game for us yet. Hey ho but bloody frustrating.

Two moments of complete madness have cost us in two seasons potentially.

The complete balls up at Wembley, When Henry should of shot, and the miss communication between Eastwood and Moore, and Tonight’s Henry handball on the line, and then switching off to allow them to score a second.

How many more moments of madness do we need.

The fact is the red card stopped an equaliser. We might of had more possession but we didn't really create loads of chances. Football is a 90 minute game and the only time the result matters is at the end.
Yes, that’s true. You’re changing what you originally said however.

We laugh at other teams forums but some of the fallout on here is equally embarrassing.

There will be twists and turns, and three wins could still be enough to grab a playoff place. No one was predicting that Pompey, Blackpool, Ipswich or Peterborough would get beat tonight. Charlton have had a great win and Lincoln are back in form, but there are still no guarantees for anyone.

We'll need luck, plenty of it, and even that might not be enough. But christ, after the last 18 months or so, why give up with 2 weeks left?

Whatever happens, it's still been a season of highs and lows and the last 20 minutes on Saturday will live with us all for a long time, and probably far longer than the disappointment of tonight. We're Oxford United, we don't do things the easy way!

The ref spotted one decision in the box but missed all the others. Better ref would have seen the correct result .

Yes, that’s true. You’re changing what you originally said however.

You may of misunderstood me . What I meant was forget the red card and pen happened, Wimbledon would of got their equaliser but how do we know for certain we were going to go on to win? It would of been more likely a draw as it was pretty even. Yes we were in the lead but that doesn't give you any claim that you were going to go on to win if a certain incident didn't happen

Too many players that are not of the required standard, unfortunately.

if only we had a manager who could be trusted to replace them in a balanced fashion.

Enjoyed the last three days of dreaming, though.
Why did moaners like you stay quiet on Saturday? There’s no point bringing up the start of the season now! We’ve just been undone by a freak fuckup - you can’t lay it on Robinson

And? The fact we are in the play off hunt pretty much right until the end shows we've had a good season.

We had sod all time to prepare for this season. We have done well.

Bring on next season with fans back.

It shows the season we’ve had, inconsistent. We will end up around 9th or 10th.

Meh for me. Average.

We spent more than people want to admit. So take out Hull, Peterborough, Sunderland and Pompey the rest of the league wasn’t that worrying for me .

Kr steadied things but that’s his level. We need to move on. He needs to move. He’s got to comfortable.

You may of misunderstood me . What I meant was forget the red card and pen happened, Wimbledon would of got their equaliser but how do we know for certain we were going to go on to win? It would of been more likely a draw as it was pretty even. Yes we were in the lead but that doesn't give you any claim that you were going to go on to win if a certain incident didn't happen
Yes maybe a draw. I still don’t think it looked pretty even though. At half time we’d had 62% possession - away from home. We also, before the red card, had more shots on target and more corners. In my opinion we were looking the better, more dominant team and would probably have gone on to win. Doesn’t matter now though as Henry did what he did and we lost.

However we were good today, so that’s wrong. Shodipo is generally not involved enough, however

Must of been watching a different game. I thought first half we spent more time passing across the defence and pumping high balls up to Taylor who hardly won anything. Couple of nice bits of play from Henry and Lee got us a couple of chances.

Second half we got a lucky break with Ruffles shot taking a deflection past their keeper, a couple of minor chances and an outrageous attempt from Brannagan to lob the keeper. But other then that we never really kicked on and went for the kill. 10 minutes later the handball which would of been their equaliser anyways. Then their second came from a lack of organisation when we were down to 10, no one picked up the space Henry should of been covering.

Overall, equal first half, second half they edged due to having an extra player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom