Away Match Day Thread 20/04/2021 L1 AFC Wimbledon v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did moaners like you stay quiet on Saturday? There’s no point bringing up the start of the season now! We’ve just been undone by a freak fuckup - you can’t lay it on Robinson
I’m not a moaner. I have an opinion that reflects my view which is different yours. Sometimes, I praise but I do so when it’s deserved, not just because Of some misguided and slavish desire to never question the status quo.

I didn’t bring up the start of the season, it was another correspondent who used it as an excuse for this season’s probable disappointment.

Please actually read what’s written before replying. I find it tends to assist in making valid and relevant points. Try it, you may like it.

Yes maybe a draw. I still don’t think it looked pretty even though. At half time we’d had 62% possession - away from home. We also, before the red card, had more shots on target and more corners. In my opinion we were looking the better, more dominant team and would probably have gone on to win. Doesn’t matter now though as Henry did what he did and we lost.

We had 62% possession but how much of that was stevens, Moore, Atkinson and brannagan playing amongst theirselves?

And both are below us in the table, and below where they were last season. Clearly sacking your manager doesn't always work either!

Will bet you what you want Pompey finish higher than us...

It's been entertainment nearly to the end .I said we would finish 10 th a few weeks back I think that will be close. Like alot of clubs it's been up and down ,bad start tough without fans and alot of players that have not added anything to the squad. Kelly average he won't be here next year. Sykes flatters to deceive how many goals. Brannagan still better to come but how many goals. Big decision on Sykes I would let him go. Loan out Hanson . Defense will get better especially with right back left back cover. A few good editions in the middle and one more striker and we've a good squad. Roll on next season's ,new players more investment a good start and the championship here we come 🙏🤞

but it isnt needless passing,they are opening angles for passes into midfield etc.
Yes , sometimes it can be frustrating when gaps not found but we are a possession based side who generally play great football .
We can still lose but that is football!

but it isnt needless passing,they are opening angles for passes into midfield etc.

Luckily they abandoned that Saturday for the last two goals..

It’s a dangerous approach, one which will get you found out against teams with a lesser skill set but higher work rate. How many times did it nearly sort us tonight? I had a bad connection but I saw it twice where’s we got caught and conceded high up the
pitch and conceded a corner via Moore.

It div 3 football. Treat it like that and stop trying to overly complicate it.

I didn't see much of that tonight. What mostly happened was the ball got passed between the back four who all got closed down quick, then went back to stevens or Moore who pumped the ball up to Taylor who might aswell been sat on the bench as he was against two strong central defenders. The fact is we don't have a good enough midfield to play this way. Brannagan is probably the only one capable of pulling it of.

It’s a dangerous approach, one which will get you found out against teams with a lesser skill set but higher work rate. How many times did it nearly sort us tonight? I had a bad connection but I saw it twice where’s we got caught and conceded high up the

It div 3 football. Treat it like that and stop trying to overly complicate it.
Not at all , over the season its been delightful to watch with ups and downs .
We try and play passing football and I hope we always do.
Hate hoofball and div 3 football doesn't need to be low ability or Steve Evans/ Ainsworth style to be successful.

It div 3 football. Treat it like that and stop trying to overly compli
good job youre not the manager then as i wouldnt watch your s**t version of football.

I didn't see much of that tonight. What mostly happened was the ball got passed between the back four who all got closed down quick, then went back to stevens or Moore who pumped the ball up to Taylor who might aswell been sat on the bench as he was against two strong central defenders. The fact is we don't have a good enough midfield to play this way. Brannagan is probably the only one capable of pulling it of.
you dont seem to read the game that well anyway.

It's been entertainment nearly to the end .I said we would finish 10 th a few weeks back I think that will be close. Like alot of clubs it's been up and down ,bad start tough without fans and alot of players that have not added anything to the squad. Kelly average he won't be here next year. Sykes flatters to deceive how many goals. Brannagan still better to come but how many goals. Big decision on Sykes I would let him go. Loan out Hanson . Defense will get better especially with right back left back cover. A few good editions in the middle and one more striker and we've a good squad. Roll on next season's ,new players more investment a good start and the championship here we come 🙏🤞
I wouldn’t, he’s on a lowish wage and is a good squad player. Not a shoe-in start but a good back-up when injuries hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom