Away Match Day Thread 20/04/2021 L1 AFC Wimbledon v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it didn’t.

Where we differ is in our level of faith that it will. Mine is zero and having had three attempts at it, you’ll have to forgive my evidence based pessimism.
Oh yes being third when the season prematurely finished last season was a complete shocker .
Rebuilding after the master that was Pep just dreadful .
This season still looking in with a shout although today has likely finished that but still top 10 likely.
Yes we need to start better and with recruitment better , very unfortunate injuries and illness I'm sure we will .

I can understand why he sounded positive, but that wasn’t great tonight and we missed a great opportunity.

It’s a very look shot if we’ll make the play offs now, but still hoping we can do it.

Stay positive guys at least until it’s mathematically not possible, don’t throw in the towel with only 3 games to go.

I love the optimism on here from some I really do, and I’m normally one for being optimistic, in mathematical terms we still have a chance, but honestly we ain’t getting there lads. After everyone has played 46 games we will be 7/8th.

And we’ve underachieved this season. That start killed us as it does everytime. KR was playing Clare at RB week after week, and a blind man could see he wasn’t in his natural position.

Silly managerial team selections and tactics cost us lots of points, otherwise it would of been a fruitful season.

Well when KR took over we were hovering above the relegation places thanks to Clowntets idiocy. Last season we made the play offs. This season we've got close, and it's unlikely we will make them this season but we've still got a very slim chance.

That's progression in my book.
We were 10th when he got sacked. Hardly hovering over the relegation places
Also, that was the best start to a season in years and since.
And yes it was right to replace him.

Since barker has been injured we have been pretty poor. We got lucky against Gills and exposed today. Think it shows how important it is too have two pacey strong wingers in KRs formation for us to be successful. Hopefully we can get 2 players in over the summer in the browne / whyte / barker mould.

I love the optimism on here from some I really do, and I’m normally one for being optimistic, in mathematical terms we still have a chance, but honestly we ain’t getting there lads. After everyone has played 46 games we will be 7/8th.

And we’ve underachieved this season. That start killed us as it does everytime. KR was playing Clare at RB week after week, and a blind man could see he wasn’t in his natural position.

Silly managerial team selections and tactics cost us lots of points, otherwise it would of been a fruitful season.
Yep. We've gone backwards this season. Portsmouth did. Sacked their manager. Fleetwood did- sacked their manager.

Am sure Karl will be here next season, but we absolutely have underachieved.

Thought the lack of nasty bastards in our team did for us tonight. Should have made subs immediately pen went in and closed off their momentum. Agyei should have started as well, he looks a handful every time he comes on.

Wimbledon much improved, mobile and physical so we shouldn’t be wailing and teeth gnashing too much. We remain an upwardly mobile L1 outfit , marginally less strong then last season because of a dreadful start.

I do hope Ruffs stays.

Other than Hull and Peterborough, how many other teams have really 'bossed it' this season? None really. It's been an odd season with strange results left, right and centre. It's made for an interesting and open league this year. Had we won tonight, we could even have been in with a shout of finishing the season in fourth, despite the abysmal start and stumbling in February/March. This season has not been typical for any side in this league. In my mind KR has done well, despite one or two questionable decisions at times and some rather uneven recruitment. He had no real pre season this year. We came back after less than a month when almost every other team had been off for three months.

Wimbledon are on form, they played well tonight. The two teams were well matched, they won it on 90 seconds of madness. Three games left. The pressure is off. No one expects us to make it looking at the league table, but be under no illusion that this is done and dusted yet. A team without the weight of expectation can often play with a lot more freedom.

KR has been brilliant for this club. Yes he talks too much sometimes, either slamming or bigging up his players when he should stay silent; but in a week when we've seen 12 clubs show just how disgustingly some owners treat their fans, I am reminded of how KR makes sure we are a CLUB and not just a business. The man has done a good job both on and off the pitch. He has shown an interest in the club from top to bottom, and not just that, but in the county and community too.

Win the game on Saturday and then see where we are after next Tuesday’s midweeks, when there are six points left to play for and the games in hand have almost disappeared.

It wasn't a penalty for us. They had about the same amount of chances as we did. We didn't deserve anything and didn't get anything.
Their chances were mainly when we were a man down and chasing the game! We had more possession, more corners, dominated the game until going down to ten. The ref card was deserved, so that’s fine, but the original comment was about not deserving to win regardless of the red card, which is absolutely and categorically incorrect. Take that moment of madness out and we either win the game or they just about hang on to a draw with us absolutely battering them

Also worth mentioning that those teams with games in hand will be playing Saturday/Tuesday until the end of the season. We're now in a position where we can actually have some recovery time between games.

And both are below us in the table, and below where they were last season. Clearly sacking your manager doesn't always work either!

Cant really judge both of their manager changes as to where they stand currently in the table as none of them have had a transfer window to bring in players.

Yep. We've gone backwards this season. Portsmouth did. Sacked their manager. Fleetwood did- sacked their manager.

Am sure Karl will be here next season, but we absolutely have underachieved.
And what a bloody great job it has done to both of those clubs .
Cant stop posting after a loss I see , loving your consistency. If only we had it a bit more !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom