Away Match Day Thread 20/04/2021 L1 AFC Wimbledon v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you don’t think we’ve gone backwards this season?

Do you think Robinson has learnt from his
Already answered point one. To supplement, we are performing to budget. Last season we performed above budget; slightly.

All managers make mistakes; his is that he hasn’t got enough experience in the team. A pity that Mous was crocked this season.

To suggest he goes is just dumb though. Eg Robinson has outperformed Appleton in L1 for two successive seasons now.

Will bet you what you want Pompey finish higher than us.
Given their game in hand and they're already above us before they kick a ball (they have a point before a ball is kicked ) and we have s**t players and manager i'll take the chance £1.000 to £10 ? and i'll have the same for Gillingham Ipswich and MK Dons. not finishing above us so that's 4 bets
as we were so lucky to get anything against them sides as well people will say i'm crazy and a fool to myself.

With a higher budget then Appleton had here though. Probably Appleton's budget this year at Lincoln is on par with us and currently he is doing better and had less time to build his squad.
Predict we will finish above Lincoln next season.

Christ the moany whinger brigade are in full flow now ...We lost to a bang on form side who we were containing pretty easily .
It happens in football . Recruitment , injuries and illness cost us the start of the season.
We need to get that right for the next one which is more than likely to be in league one.
Very , very important to hit the ground running from the start next season.

Quite. The reaction on here is a tad melodramatic. Who really thought we’d be a top six side at the start of the season? Throw in CamBran’s dodgy eye, COVID impacted games that squeezed our season and some very unexpected poor form from once reliable campaigners in the first quarter and you have a season that has been far from bad but has fallen a tad short in what we could have been capable of. Sides serious about promotion should look as such - we haven’t had that swagger nor the consistency to really show that we deserve a playoff place.

There’s plenty to work on still. KR needs to deal with those first quarter starts as we cannot be wasting them like we have for the three previous seasons, recruitment has not been a total disaster but needs to be sharpened - no experiments like Clare and play players where they should be, keep the model going and look to sell an asset - it won’t be popular on here but it’ll keep the coffers full, have a few more ideas too as we can be a bit one note at times.

The season isn’t over yet. There may be a sting in the tail. One slip up though and it will be curtains.

good job youre not the manager then as i wouldnt watch your s**t version of football.

I’m all for football in the right areas.

I was hooked on the Denis Smith teams who played from midfield to attack with direct passing football and pace. Add in the set plays and you’ve a very dangerous attacking unit.

Likewise Appleton.

Can Robinson claim that? He’s clearly caught up in watching teams from above knocking it around. I watched Leeds last night and they got caught so many times by the victims.

However they have very good technically good players who can mostly play their way out of it.

They even had their keeper doing Cryuff turns!!!

Quite. The reaction on here is a tad melodramatic. Who really thought we’d be a top six side at the start of the season? Throw in CamBran’s dodgy eye, COVID impacted games that squeezed our season and some very unexpected poor form from once reliable campaigners in the first quarter and you have a season that has been far from bad but has fallen a tad short in what we could have been capable of. Sides serious about promotion should look as such - we haven’t had that swagger nor the consistency to really show that we deserve a playoff place.

There’s plenty to work on still. KR needs to deal with those first quarter starts as we cannot be wasting them like we have for the three previous seasons, recruitment has not been a total disaster but needs to be sharpened - no experiments like Clare and play players where they should be, keep the model going and look to sell an asset - it won’t be popular on here but it’ll keep the coffers full, have a few more ideas too as we can be a bit one note at times.

The season isn’t over yet. There may be a sting in the tail. One slip up though and it will be curtains.
We play some great stuff and I really enjoy supporting us these days, but as you say we don’t quite have the strength, confidence, and reliability that a promoted side needs - partly because we lack experience. Doesn’t mean it’s all rubbish though.

Multiple places lower than ours. He's got Lincoln fourth on a budget that isn't even top 10.

Merely stating a fact - no attempt to make new daddy and old daddy have a fight.
what are the differences between the clubs in the top then though?

Already answered point one. To supplement, we are performing to budget. Last season we performed above budget; slightly.

All managers make mistakes; his is that he hasn’t got enough experience in the team. A pity that Mous was crocked this season.

To suggest he goes is just dumb though. Eg Robinson has outperformed Appleton in L1 for two successive seasons now.

And what about agent fees? What does say to you about KR and the board?

His unbalanced squad, again.

What does that say to you about KR?

Are we only allowed one senior player in the squad? What does that say to you about KR?

And finally, Lincoln will be above us this season. What does that say you about KR?

The poor poor start, what does that tell you about KR?

This feels horrible.. just go 1-1 why stick your arm out... madness we really need results to go for us now
The madness was allowing Nesta Guinness-Walker to run 70 yards with the ball unopposed from our own incursion into their penalty area.

Any well organised team going for promotion would never have allowed that to happen - we simply lost our shape and then failed yet again to
deal with a corner kick. We found a crass and criminal way of throwing such an important game away. It was self-inflicted and the way in which we quickly folded to concede a soft second was shocking. There was simply no leadership or nous on display in those crucial moments and we’ve paid a huge price.

Thought Wimbledon were pretty average overall but better than their previous games against us this season. After a hour we were looking good and set for the points until a couple of moments of sheer madness.

We play some great stuff and I really enjoy supporting us these days, but as you say we don’t quite have the strength, confidence, and reliability that a promoted side needs - partly because we lack experience. Doesn’t mean it’s all rubbish though.

Robinson's failings in recruitment then. Didn't bring in adequate defensive cover, signed Kelly, Grayson, Clare, Hanson who aren't good enough. Kept Hall in the squad who is too lightweight.

Surely its his last chance next season, he needs to clear out the deadwood and add the correct strength in depth to the core of this team.

Maybe you should stop being a dick and see how others treat you!

And for the record, an email has gone in on praising the work and customer service of Cameron in the club shop.

A very good member of the team and one who went above their way to be helpful.

Credit where credit is due.

I’m all for football in the right areas.

I was hooked on the Denis Smith teams who played from midfield to attack with direct passing football and pace. Add in the set plays and you’ve a very dangerous attacking unit.

Likewise Appleton.

Can Robinson claim that? He’s clearly caught up in watching teams from above knocking it around. I watched Leeds last night and they got caught so many times by the victims.

However they have very good technically good players who can mostly play their way out of it.

They even had their keeper doing Cryuff turns!!!
Remind me which team holds the record for number of shots against Man City ( The Masters of possession) and who was the manager?

Further remind me why with such s**t players and manager we have not been relegated as predicted many times by some of our own fans?

We are a 3rd tier side and it baffles me what some fans really expect

You say you're all for football in the right areas, well we've been able to watch our side which after the past 12 months i for one am grateful that it's helped maintain my sanity and at least have something to look forward to.
We haven't made the Champions League and whilst some believe we have a right to win League One, football doesn't work like that.

And what about agent fees? What does say to you about KR and the board?

His unbalanced squad, again.

What does that say to you about KR?

Are we only allowed one senior player in the squad? What does that say to you about KR?

And finally, Lincoln will be above us this season. What does that say you about KR?

The poor poor start, what does that tell you about KR?
You seek answers here's mine

Yeah fancy playing Atkinson, he's raw and shouldn't be near the 1st team, KR is such a poor judge who just got lucky right?

Even with a better start we could still have a blip mid season or seasons end, we still would accumulate the same points

i'll see your Lincoln and raise you Ipswich what does that say about KR? We are on a par with Pompey who are much bigger than us what does that say about KR

Some of our fans predicted Relegation what does that say about KR

Where have mentioned the players, I haven’t?

We lost the game, unsurprisingly. However Man City came for a game of football and got one. It wasn’t a old fashioned cup tie where we dug in and got lucky. They knew their class would win through eventually and or did. If we’d have scored 4. They’d have scored 7. It was that type of game. Don’t think KR is some kind of tactical genius based on that!!

How may teams in L1 play that way or even play our way? Do Hull? Do Peterborough? How about Sunderland?

Any other examples away from the Manchester City?

Do you think being caught at least twice in and around box v AFC Wimbledon is the way to go?

Last edited:
You seek answers here's mine

Yeah fancy playing Atkinson, he's raw and shouldn't be near the 1st team, KR is such a poor judge who just got lucky right?

Even with a better start we could still have a blip mid season or seasons end, we still would accumulate the same points

i'll see your Lincoln and raise you Ipswich what does that say about KR? We are on a par with Pompey who are much bigger than us what does that say about KR

Some of our fans predicted Relegation what does that say about KR

Which CB’s started the season?

Why shouldn’t Atkinson be near the first team? After all, that’s the clubs project and I agreed with it.

So we have 3 CB’s - 3 FB’s. That enough for a full, condensed L1 season?

I agree with the way he’s been handled. Likewise McNally.

A better start? It couldn’t have for any worse!!! Again. Why haven’ the lessons been learned? It’ll cost us this season so forgot about tonight and any other game you can pick out.

As for Ipswich, they’ve been a basket case for years. On and off the pitch. Add to that lambert and a big contract (remind you of anyone.....) and you’ve got mid table L1..

I do however rate their chances of going straight up next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom