Home Match Day Thread 17/11/2020 L1 OUFC v Crewe Alexandra

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need Mous on the pitch to lead the team , incidently he was one of our stand out players last season until Injury. Get the defence solid as a must ...keep giving away goals in the first 30 mins is leaving an uphill task...staying up is what we need to concern ourselves with.
And we need to give him time to get match fit.

I agree with the principle but disagree with the detail

Claire was bought as a RB by the recruitment committee so rightly or wrongly he is not out of position

Obita hasn't played enough minutes to be relevant

Henry has had enough games at RW and been just as ineffectual

Mousinho i agree but only if he's fit to play but it doesn't look like he is
Clare is not a RB the recruitment team must include Robinson in which case he has shown an inept attitude to this seasons recruitment.
he was going all out for Browne which was fine but things weren’t happening and he left it to late .Is Cooper injured? As I felt he would have mead a difference tonight as he is quite skilful. Tiger and NMW need to speak with KR and get this sorted.

What makes me laugh, is Tiger being so excited he couldn’t wait to tell us who we were going to sign!!

Sorry you've lost me. All clubs the budget and player signings are approved and paid for by the owner. Managers sign their personal contracts for job security not because they are accepting responsibility for the actions of the club owner. All managers want bigger budgets and better players.

Now you have lost me, what is Robinson responsible for then? What are we paying him for?

We’re so s**t that oufc is trending in the UK on Twitter.

Time to rip into that shower tonight.

Leadership
We have no leaders at all. Mous in the only option and we don’t play him.

Wasted wages
We’re carrying passengers and wasted squad positions. Hall given a contract? Why?! Hanson, Winnall, sick notes. Kelly, McGuane - crap. Atkinson - we haven’t seen enough of him because he’s another walking wounded (yeah, I said it).

Clare - not a RB
But we have a manager who thinks he is.

Off colour good players
Henry and Ruffels are good players but are woefully off form. Drop them now.

Meaningful chances’
As @ryanbirdio pointed out, we don’t create any.

The solution?
Build from the back. Cut out the errors and play players where they should be. Obita at LB, Mous, Atkinson and/or Moore at CB and Long at RB. Done. Aim to not concede even if a full 0-0 is a result. Get the conceding habit finished.

Last edited:
Actually tonights performance made Kelly look better, at least he looks like he can actually control the ball,unlike most playing tonight...

We’re so s**t that oufc is trending in the UK on Twitter.

Time to rip into that shower tonight.

Leadership
We have no leaders at all. Mous in the only option and we don’t play him.

Wasted wages
We’re carrying passengers and wasted squad positions. Hall given a contract? Why?! Hanson, Winnall, sick notes. Kelly, McGuane - crap. Atkinson - we haven’t seen enough of him (yeah, I said it).

Clare - not a RB
But we have a manager who thinks he is.

Off colour good players
Henry and Ruffels are good players but are woefully off form. Drop them now.

Meaningful chances’
As @ryanbirdio pointed out, we don’t create any.

The solution?
Build from the back. Cut out the errors and play players where they should be. Obita at LB, Mous, Atkinson and/or Moore at CB and Long at RB. Done. Aim to not concede even if a full 0-0 is a result. Get the conceding habit finished.

It’s definitely a case of going back to basics and building from there. This doesn’t look like a blip, a bad run that we will play our way out of, this is very much where we are at and everyone needs to take an honest look at the situation and accept our limitations.

Staying up will be enough in what is a shite season for other reasons, be terrible if we can’t even clear that low bar.

Wrong. Already said why. Expect you to ignore this and repeat your point regardless so will leave it there.
So Robinson doesn’t chose the players he wants he leaves or to what now appears to be a completely useless recruitment team, in which case I doubt whether they would have contracts, so tiger can ask NMW to sack the useless twats. Then when the new team are in place Karl can wait to see who walks through the door before telling that player he is going to play him out of position.
So you can ignore this and keep on repeating that KR has no input in the recruitment.

Tonight has to be a wake up call or we're in real trouble. There must be something going wrong behind the scenes here that goes beyond recruitment and match day tactics. Senior players letting themselves down and giving in to frustration, reliable journeymen pros looking like they're constantly being pushed beyond their ability and a bunch of kids running around energetically but going into blind panic when they get the ball or see an opponent within 3 yards. And so so many stupid fouls!

Robinson is a purist and has arguably over-delivered, especially last season. I'm very forgiving of managers like him who stick to their guns and even have some sympathy for his obsession with pacy wingers given how fundamental that is to his style. But... we simply don't have blinding pace and exceptional young talent in those key KR positions this year (Browne, Whyte, Holland etc) yet insist on playing as though we do. It's madness. Purists, idealists, like Robinson need realists (like faz?) to keep them grounded. This lot look over-coached and under prepared for the fight.

There was a moment 5 mins in tonight where ruffels picked up the ball half way into the Crewe half with a gaping hole on their left flank then stopped dead to point out where shadipo should be running. The kid was hanging around level on the wing waiting for the ball or a bus or having a chat with one of Crewe's superspreader subs for all I know. Last season a decent but limited ruffels would have just played that ball and started running back to position without even asking the question of his winger. Exactly as Crewe did all night. In league one most teams, most of the time are 7/8 decent enough players doing the basics right so 2/3 slightly better colleagues can make things happen. It looked like even Sam Long was being asked to spray the ball around like Pirlo - with predictable results.

So onto Wigan. A winnable game. Let's see some pragmatism, some respect for the players we have by playing them in the right position and with realistic expectations. We're fundamentally a half-decent mid-table side with enough about us at full strength to creep up the table, but with enough weaknesses to be vulnerable at any moment. A bit of humility in other words.

Really? Are you sure? Jeez you need some chill pills from the Doctors.
Remember the season in the Con when we went unbeaten for fudge knows how long then the wheels REALLY fell off.
Look at the bigger picture, we`ll be fine.

Yes it is warly in the season
Absolute embarrassment, disgrace and truly mind blowingly embarrassing for everyone involved with OUFC.

The management team have a lot to answer for when your players can't do the utter basics right.

Recruitment has been shocking.

Robinson just too stubborn to change things, too stubborn to play players in their natural positions.

I've always liked Robinson but if I was chairman I would not be far from pulling the trigger after watching that garbage.

Serious work needed, I've lost all confidence this season and can't see anything other than relegation if things don't drastically change.

The problem the he still thinks he can walk on water. He knows he would cost a fortune to get rid of, and has his feet under the table at the club.

Typical kr, he corrected Nathan in his interview, "we" are responsible for the recruitment not "he". Both kr and the keystone cops in the recruitment dept need to go.

The Wigan game is now very important isn't it? They are (so far as the table tells us) one of the three teams in the league who are actually worse than us. If we are as feeble against them as we were tonight, anyone who says that Wigan are 'a very good team' or 'in a false position' needs to take a good look at themselves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom