Home Match Day Thread 13-10-2020 L1 OUFC v Crewe Alexandra (2nd attempt MATCH OFF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.

And in regards to replying that the EFL wanted to keep it quiet. Yes you are right, it is very convenient and easy for me to say that. However, that is what I was told. So I cannot do anything other than state what was said to me. I sent all screenshots of what I was told to one of your moderators before, so I am sure he will be happy to confirm.

OK I can't prove anything and neither can you, so let's call it a draw. The fact that you're spending so much time here does make me wonder if you wouldn't rather be supporting Oxford than Crewe. Will you be posting on some of our other matchday threads? Come and join us, you won't regret it.

What's with all the 7pm kick-offs? It's got nothing to do with saving floodlighting costs - it's quarter to seven now and it's pitch black out there already!

What's with all the 7pm kick-offs? It's got nothing to do with saving floodlighting costs - it's quarter to seven now and it's pitch black out there already!
maybe to make last orders with ten pm closing of pubs ( those not in local lockdown)? :unsure: :sneaky:

So away team can avoid an overnight stay and they don't need to worry about fans getting there after work i would think

Sorry Bazzer, another mistake for you to fess up to: There is no "MP for Manchester" and Andy Burnham is Mayor of the city.
I meant Mayor probably thinking about his role as a Labour MP having said that he wants to go one way and ignore the government and if Labour get their way a circuit breaker will he ignore that as well. But yes @Shropshire U i apologise.?

So did you get told by the bloke down the pub as to why the PHE said the game shouldn’t go ahead? I may have missed it if you knew and passed it on for us to read.

@Crewe wasn`t in the pub........... that was a lie.
It was a text message......... allegedly.

Being "economical with the truth" appears endemic in that club....... let alone viral issues.

Gentlemen, I have been sent the aforementioned exchanges between Crewe and his friend.

I can safely say that what he has said is correct and honest. I now know the reasons behind the actions of Crewe Alexandra to inform the EFL that the match could not be played. I cannot publish any of that (long) conversation but I can assure you that everything Crewe has posted here is correct. I have had a pleasant exchange of messages with him and have full faith in him and his reasons for coming on here to try to explain as much as he can without bringing his relation with his friend at the club into a problem area that may cost somebody their job.

Crewe has not told all but having read all I can safely say that he has been a gentleman here giving us the information he has and has been a more than good friend to his informant by not revealing everything.

Please do not accuse this man of not telling us everything because in fact that is true. What he has not told will not be told by him nor by myself. I have the information and have promised that it will go no further than me, so don't ask. Maybe it will all come out from another source eventually. If so fine, if not that's also fine.

p.s. @Essexyellows Both conversations did take place. Text and face to face.

In a few hours this thread will close. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom