Away Match Day Thread 17-10-2020 L1 Peterborough United v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came from a poor pass from Kelly, who I don’t know why KR persists with him. He’s been poor the start of the season and doesn’t offer anything defensively.
Fat midget, if we hadn’t come in for him he would have left the game, I think

Disappointing result to say the least ...bottom of the f*****g table

Well well. We didn’t exactly play badly, but we make mistakes at the back and that is our undoing.

Going forwards we just seem to lack something.

Just a lot to do. Obviously there's a decent team in there but for whatever reason it's not working. Feel like our style of play has been strange so far this season. The game against Sunderland and again today we moved away from what made us successful last year. We've gone a lot more direct in some of the games and it just hasn't seemed to be effective.

That combined with some poor mistakes at the back means we are where we are. Bottom. Obviously a long way to go, but concerning signs and with each week you worry we'll drop confidence and increase a sense of urgency which feels quite a bit like panic.

2 back to back home games next then ...which makes no difference does it

Not unexpected. I put this one down as a defeat. Posh are a good side.

I thought at the start of the season we’d finish behind them this season. Although I’m starting to think that there are 22 other sides that we’ll finish behind!

Defence, defence, defence. Too easily overlooked, too easily regarded as sound and would look after itself. Ruffels doesn’t get injured, right? No one will lose form, yeah? Tragic oversight on the part of KR.

We have some very good L1 players in midfield and up top but if you just simply look at the defence, pick me one outstanding L1 defender?. Long was probably our best defender today, with all due respect last season and preseason everyone was saying he was our weakest ?

Overall good performances: Moore, Long, Clare, Forde, Henry, Sykes

Overall bad performances: Eastwood, Ruffels, Kelly, Osei Yaw

One win inside 90 minutes since Shrewsbury, in eight league fixtures and two league cup games. One win in 10. Defence is an issue, but most people knew that.

We need to win on Tuesday, and we need to not lose next weekend. Stop the rot, don’t get turned over in the derby, then start to push on.

Some positives Clare looks good Forde also . Osei did very little Hall should have come on. Winnall showed some nice touches

Some positives Clare looks good Forde also . Osei did very little Hall should have come on. Winnall showed some nice touches
For Clare to look good he needs to start right mid not defence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom