Away Match Build Up 17-10-2020 L1 Peterborough United v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can only really say it does not look good. No defender in... Sorry but can't see a result coming.. We play lovely stuff but we are to fragile in so many ways.
I think as a team we had been sussed by league 1 teams. They know our game and set up to counter it.

Can't see past a battering here but because it's Oxford we'll probably win 2-1 or something stupid.

Need Long at RB instead of Clare as they'll probably be on the back foot for most of the game and Sam is the better of the two at doing that.

Agree with that. Long, Ruffels and Moore are solid at the back and should help Atkinson build more confidence. Gorrin, Brannagan and Forde make for a pretty solid midfield too, but with enough to trouble 'boro going forward. Agyei is our best option on the left, and Henry and Taylor can be the difference when we do attack.

I expect Winnall to get at least 30 mins, and maybe Sykes too.

A hard working 2-1 win to Oxford.

Peterbrother to win by 9 wickets with a last minute try to snatch it in the 34th minute of extra time because our javelin throws were reviewed by VAR following skewering of the umpires

I seem to remember walking away from their place last season feeling pretty low after us being thrashed. We've got to solidify that defence somehow or something similar is going to happen. Play Ruffs and Long, save Clare as a sub and sacrifice Long (not literally) if we need to chase the game. No Kelly as he doesn't actually offer the defence any protection. I have no problem with the attacking set up - almost any permutation has goals in it.

I was expecting to witness a post Gillingham backlash against Crewe, so given the further frustration of the Crewe fiasco and fierce competition for places I expect to see us play well on the front foot against Peterborough. Given our recent defending it’ll be edge of the seat stuff at times but there are plenty of goals in this squad. We’ll win 3-1.

If Enid Blyton was an Oxford fan, just how she would write on Oxford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom