Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to:

Play our natural passing game - not get drawn into hitting the ball aimlessly long all the time just because they’re playing a high line (if they do)

Allow the centre backs to bring the ball out of defence if Wigan don’t press them - it’s a huge weapon of ours, let’s not throw it on the scrapheap just because we conceded one goal while doing it

Not sit back if we go 1-0 up - Doing that and trying to protect a lead will invite any team onto you, no matter how poor/out of form they are - we saw that in the Swindon game. When you’re ahead by one goal at home against a poor team, keep attacking and put them on the back foot, press home your advantage and score 2-3 goals, knock the fight out of them and make the game safe.

20/20 voted for win. Surely we can’t lose this one. In reality we should look at this one as a game to beat them 8-0 as revenge for that feeble 0-7 reverse which still hurts

It’s a conspiracy by the tabloids, I tell ya.

They just want to have ‘Valentine’s Day Massacre’ as the headline.

EDIT. I assume there’s been no plans to move the Tranmere semi final then?

Mixed feelings - good on us for doing everything to get the game played + sensible to make an early decision since fans aren't affected. On the other hand, only gives us one day of rest before Tranmere + wouldn't be too unlikely if their game was called off too.

It’s a conspiracy by the tabloids, I tell ya.

They just want to have ‘Valentine’s Day Massacre’ as the headline.

EDIT. I assume there’s been no plans to move the Tranmere semi final then?
Not judging by this on the OWS:

“It’s not ideal, we have a semi-final game on Tuesday against Tranmere, but the new date is the best option with such a congested second half of the season so we will adjust our preparations and we will be ready for Sunday.”

Crewe v Pompey postponed due to frozen pitch. Don't think that one has been pushed back 24 hours.

Crewe v Pompey postponed due to frozen pitch. Don't think that one has been pushed back 24 hours.

Crewe have played 3 more than us and Pompey one more. They've likely got a fair few spare Tuesdays between them whereas we haven't, especially if we were to beat Tranmere and lose another Saturday fixture for the final.

Sensible. The only downside is the short turnaround to Tuesday, which I'm not too fussed about. We'll probably have to put out a complete second string XI, but, as fun as it would be to get to Wembley and maybe win something, the league obviously takes precedence. Especially since most of the appeal of the JPT is the day out at Wembley, which we wouldn't be getting this year anyway.

It does seem sensible with no fans in attendance to push it back 24 hours. I don't know how many people it takes to put on a match. FA Cup final replays could always be sorted out for a few days later and that was with crowds.

No official confirmation from Wigan yet and I’ve seen local media their end reporting that we may have jumped the gun. They are waiting for confirmation from Hull that they can push back their Tuesday game to Wednesday.

OWS ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom