• Wigan

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting ?... albeit I dont think either will start on Saturday ( if the game is on that is)

interesting ?... albeit I dont think either will start on Saturday ( if the game is on that is)

Wonder if we will do a Northampton and put minimum effort to get this game on. Not so much for Henry but Long is a big miss.

With those injuries, expect it to be postponed!
Why? They only have Proctor out with Covid. Sunderland had to play a weekend side with all their covid cases that had a few weeks back and that was for covid, they have one player out with covid so they will have to play with what they’ve got. A 1st team squad have 22 players and only 2 other players out injured so there will no need for a postponement.

Wouldn't be much time between Sunday and 6pm Tuesday night though!
True and as has already been mentioned Sky will run the rule over this, so it has to be played on Saturday or it will be out back to the end of April early May

LAST U’s win over the Latics in Oxford :

April 23rd 1983

United 2-0 Wigan

Hardwick - Fogg Briggs Shotton Smithers - Lawrence Brock Jones Barnett - Thomas Vinter

Goal scorers - Andy Thomas & George Lawrence

Att: 4,596

Bobby Charlton , then a Director at Wigan Athletic was caretaker manager from April 4th 1983
and had nine games in charge. Before the game Oxford Utd fans staged a sit in protest on the
Manor Ground pitch against Robert Maxwell’s Thames Valley Royals FC plans which were leaked the
previous Saturday after the U’s Won 1-0 at Doncaster Rovers.

CDJb7lMWYAEEOZW
I'm there somewhere, it seemed bigger at the time (I say that about something else as well...)

Remember it well, I am sat behind the Judas banner which I made a few hours earlier.
Still have the Mail on Sunday and Sunday Journal which featured big stories on this.
We won but it was a crap game and kicked off very late
Maxwell was getting so much grief he cleared off at half time.

Stevens
Forde Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Kelly Gorrin Brannagan
Sykes Taylor Barker

Bench: Eastwood, Grayson, Hanson, Henry, Lee, Shodipo, Winnall

Long - hamstring
Henry - dead leg (bench)
Lee - calf (bench)

We shouldn’t allow confidence going into this fixture become hubris and complacency. Wigan gave us a scare up at their place and have improved their side since then. I’m not suggesting that they are good but we should be cautious. They’ll regard a draw as a good result and we should be wary of that if they decide to play for it.

Miraculously they have given themselves a chance to stay up this season as the teams at the bottom are very weak this season.

We have been scraping by in the last few games. It would be nice if we returned to the slick passing/attacking side that has got us all a’quiver.
The boys have it in them....
A scrappy, nervy 1-0 then!😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom