Home Match Day Thread 1/12/2020 L1 OUFC v Ipswich Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anybody know if you can get ifollow in Perth W. Australia, i have a pal who lives there and is from Oxford and a life long supporter. Any help would be appreciated.
I think he can purchase a 1 match ticket via the OWS. Not sure about paying in Aus$, they will accept but probable a terrible exchange rate. Their rate for Euros is not user friendly but iFollow friendly.

Tonights ref seems a nasty piece of work:
Tonight’s referee is former Premier League official Bobby Madley, who has shown 34 yellow cards and no red in 10 games so far this season.

West Yorkshire-based Madley left his top flight role in August 2018 after making and texting a video which made fun of a disabled person which was then made known to his employers.

He returned to refereeing in this country earlier this year following a spell officiating in the lower leagues in Norway

"Nasty piece of work"...assume you've read the story?

It's a salient one about how you should always think twice about close to the bone jokes, and about how you should think twice about the "friends" you keep. And also about how rumours online can spread...

In any case, he SHOULD be a step up from the usual standard.

It's the hope that kills you, isn't it!

Looking at it logically, I don't think we will be able to score more than we concede so a draw looks like the best outcome. The closer we get to kick off, the more you can't help thinking that if things go for you then maybe, just maybe...

But, I think we will lose by a couple of goals and am very much hoping I am wrong!

PLAYED FOR BOTH the U’s and the Blues : includes Gavin Johnson, Jim Magilton, Phil Whelan,
Jordan Graham, Matt Elliott, Jordan Rhodes, Georges Santos and Luke Garbutt.

C4X9odgWMAA4MBB

I’ve said this a couple of times now but I can’t see how any other team other than this can play (presuming Cooper isn’t back until Saturday):

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin
Kelly McGuane
Clare Taylor Obita

Subs: Eastwood, Mousinho, Elechi, Forde, Henry, Hall, Agyei​
I agree in general, but my preference would be to go with the same outfield ten as Saturday (start Henry over Clare), which then gives us Clare to bring on as the positive move that we were looking for on Saturday (rather than Sykes). That back four + Gorrin are our first choice in that part of the field, so Stevens should be able to come in comfortably behind them.
Only issue will be fitness - They all did ok until the legs started to go, but if they tired so badly on Saturday, will they be able to last any longer tonight?
On Saturday, any/all of the front five were struggling after an hour, so we need to be able to replace any of them without conceding the initiative, which is going to be difficult with the squad we have - Clare can go wide right no issue, Forde into the middle, Mous as well if we need two changed in there, Agyei has to cover Taylor and Obita, though maybe Elechi at LB and push Ruffs forward if Obita needs to come off, which leaves Hall....or we add in another youngster (but Lofthouse and Spasov are getting good experience at Woking, Napa is injured, Lopes too I think, so only Chambers-Parillon as an extra MF option....or gives Sykes or Shodipo a chance to redeem themselves (though not sure either deserve it)..

Anyway, I remain positive, and think we will get something out of this one, perhaps even a win to zero

"Nasty piece of work"...assume you've read the story?

It's a salient one about how you should always think twice about close to the bone jokes, and about how you should think twice about the "friends" you keep. And also about how rumours online can spread...

In any case, he SHOULD be a step up from the usual standard.
By no means am I part of the politically correct brigade, but any jokes or comments that gets close to disabilities are way off the mark.

And lots of guff from KR about “turning it around” and “positive steps”.
And then it’s Saturday.....
And don’t forget “we really care”, I can see from his body language when the oppos goals go in that Sam Long gives a sh*t. Looking for a big improvement on the pitch tonight to prove to me please that everyone else does!

Would anybody know if you can get ifollow in Perth W. Australia, i have a pal who lives there and is from Oxford and a life long supporter. Any help would be appreciated.
Yes. That’s what I do. You can buy a season subscription which gets you all home and away league games. There’s no way to get cup games.

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin
Clare Kelly McGuane Obita
Taylor

Subs: Eastwood, Mousinho, Chambers-P, Agyei, Forde, Henry, Stevens/Goodrham.

Jack Stevens or Tyler Goodrham from the U21s must be worth a shout seeing as Robsinon will insist on playing Agyei on the wing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom