Home Match Day Thread 1/12/2020 L1 OUFC v Ipswich Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this game comes too soon after the events of Saturday for us to be capable of putting together the kind of performance that we would need to to beat Ipswich. I think Eastwood will be dropped, and would like to see Forde come back into the middle of midfield.

2-0 Tractor Boys.

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin
Clare Kelly McGuane Obita
Taylor

Subs: Eastwood, Mousinho, Chambers-P, Agyei, Hall, Henry, Stevens/Goodrham.

Jack Stevens or Tyler Goodrham from the U21s must be worth a shout seeing as Robsinon will insist on playing Agyei on the wing.
I would have Forde on the bench instead of Hall and Elechi instead of Mous. However if Mous is on the bench at least have him in full kit ready to play

People have been raving about KRs substitutions against Pompey but you have to ask yourself, why were they not playing from the start, (McGuane, Obita..) after the win at Wigan?. They proved again on Saturday they should be starting every game.

think we will get something out of tonight if we dont keep trying to re-invent the wheel.

1-0 Oxford (Taylor)

I would have Forde on the bench instead of Hall and Elechi instead of Mous. However if Mous is on the bench at least have him in full kit ready to play

Completely forgot about Forde! Nightmare, going to edit it now. I had considered Elechi but I think after the team has been rocked by Swindon that experienced head will trump it for me this time.

You'd like to think that the players would provide a positive reaction tonight, if not, then it confirms what we are all thinking and posting.

We really need Cameron Brannagan back in the team right now. I guess it's too early for a surprise bench appearance tonight or Saturday?

So we've played Ipswich twice in 2020. We kept 2 clean sheets. No clean sheet in the league yet this season, so you all know what's going to happen, right?

19:00 Kick off - away we go.

19:02 Goal to the visitors. OUFC 0-1 Ipswich.
19:03 Equaliser
19:05 Take the lead
19:09 Entire midfield and forward line completely knackered
19:12 All five subs are on the pitch running down blind allies and fouling anyone who comes near
19:15 Gorrin lamps three of the subs
19:16 Longie lamps the other two
19:17-20:45 Gorrin and Longie take on the entirety of East Anglia (South) blocking everything that comes their way
20:46 Second half stoppage time, Eastwood shouts "Mine", players stop to let him collect the weak shot coming in from outside the box, but he fails to do so, mainly because he is in the dugout having been dropped for the game.
20:47 Ipswich score the winner, as both Gorrin and Longie are pre-occupied with chasing Eastwood down the touchline in order to lamp him as well......

Ah so KR simply needs to look on here to get his team and all will be well.
Pretty much!

It’s not rocket science, I know Robbo likes to think it’s rocket science, and make people believe he’s a genius, but it’s pretty much just common sense, select players who are fit, and play them in their best positions, easy really ennit?!?

KR owes us and the team big time after saturdays subs shambles. Getting rid of the midfield with 10 mins left ffs. Cant be bothered to read everything but I presume he never blamed himself for that defeat like he should have done.

Cant bring myself to pay a tenner for what I feel is certain misery. I'd still go if you could actually attend though. Weird.

Pray for a result. Fear a 3-0 defeat.

(Robbo out)

Not looking forward to this.

This is the first time I've ever not been pleased that there's an Oxford match on.

Hopefully we will win to help heal the hurt from Saturday...

19:03 Equaliser
19:05 Take the lead
19:09 Entire midfield and forward line completely knackered
19:12 All five subs are on the pitch running down blind allies and fouling anyone who comes near
19:15 Gorrin lamps three of the subs
19:16 Longie lamps the other two
19:17-20:45 Gorrin and Longie take on the entirety of East Anglia (South) blocking everything that comes their way
20:46 Second half stoppage time, Eastwood shouts "Mine", players stop to let him collect the weak shot coming in from outside the box, but he fails to do so, mainly because he is in the dugout having been dropped for the game.
20:47 Ipswich score the winner, as both Gorrin and Longie are pre-occupied with chasing Eastwood down the touchline in order to lamp him as well......

I think I’ve seen that game once or twice already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom