Home Match Build Up 01/12/2020 L1 OUFC v Ipswich Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about putting out an OUFC side that play with pride and passion tomorrow night KR?
Ask Dan Harris to use his perhaps? ....

Dont be silly Sarge, Robinson would play them against FGR, declare them all the next England starting XI and then the next we hear of them would be when they're shipped out to Hayes, Dagenham and Corby.

The colour has been drained from most of us after Saturday’s total collapse in the last 15-20 minutes against the team at the other end of the A420 and no result against Ipswich will repair what happened.
Players come and go, backroom staff come and go, chairmen come and go and managers come and go however supporters are involved in the club for ever.
Karl Robinson stated on his interview that the payers and staff were hurting after the Swindon game.
They are not hurting as much as the fans and they certainly are not hurting as much as we were watching the footage as the Swindon team bus arrived back at the County Ground, the current players, management and chairmen will not look back at this result in 5 years time as most if not all would have moved on by then, yet us, the fans of the club we love will have to live with this humiliation forever in our history.
As I said, even if we wipe the floor with Ipswich and put 3 or 4 goals past them it will never make up for the collapse of the team and preventing the defeat on Saturday.
Unfortunately this is one game that I will look for the result on Wednesday morning as I can not face being put through what we witnessed on Saturday again.

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Obita
Henry Gorrin McGuane
Clare Taylor Cooper

Eastwood has to be dropped.
Ruffels has been shocking for a while. Obita is a natural left back.
Kelly looked done in after 60 minutes Saturday.
But that was Kelly’s best game for us this season

Given Ipswich's terrible form and the intense pressure on Lambert, things could go well if we make a strong start and put them under pressure.
We seem to have a number of players who lack stamina (Kelly, Obita, McGuane, Sykes, Shodipo etc) so a fast start is not out of the question. Best park the bus in the second half!

Not spending my money on this garbage manager tomorrow. Taking a game out. Hopefully we get a point.

Nothing to lose really, we're certainly not gonna get anywhere near the playoffs this season, so lets at least try to stop the rot.

A complete change of dynamics is needed, to freshen things up.

We don't have any naturally wide players, so I'd try a diamond formation, and try to get two up top.

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Obita
Gorrin
Forde Mcguane
Kelly
Agyei Taylor

Some might disagree with that lineup and formation, but something's gotta change

Not sure whether to pay 10.00 tmrw for I-follow - probably will though.

Out of interest, we are heavy favourites for this clash! - how on earth?!

Not sure whether to pay 10.00 tmrw for I-follow - probably will though.

Evens isn't heavy favourites and Ipswich ate struggling.

You are right though I wouldn't back oxford at evens with hand car wash generated money.

Purely because Ipswich have lost 7 out of their last 10 games, and they have a great home record but a poor away record.
Lambert's postion there, amongst the fans and allegedly in the dressing-room, makes Robinson's look rosy.

I share your uncertainty about the tenner.

Looking at the top goal scorers in the league, Taylor's goal returns are not too bad despite him not being up to his usual standards.

Hopefully he can kick on and the players around him improve.

Thought I'd have a quick look as I haven't checked for a while - shot locations for the team. Taylor has already taken more shots outside the 18 yard box than all of last season. Could point to a slow up in supply - having to create his own chances.

Pretty evident that Taylor carries the goal threat...Henry still has the volume without converting. Goals aren't spread around like last season, however the new threat from set pieces might offset that?

Screenshot 2020-11-30 at 21.51.30.png

Thought I'd have a quick look as I haven't checked for a while - shot locations for the team. Taylor has already taken more shots outside the 18 yard box than all of last season. Could point to a slow up in supply - having to create his own chances.

Pretty evident that Taylor carries the goal threat...Henry still has the volume without converting. Goals aren't spread around like last season, however the new threat from set pieces might offset that?

View attachment 5073

It's hard to knock Taylor as he is one of the few giving it his all, but he appears half a yard off the pace at times. Late against Pompey he just failed to get on the end of a rebound, and Saturday he was stretching a little for the cross from Long - both of which I think he would have buried last year.

This may be because he's starting a bit deeper because of the slow build up, or just an uncertainty about making the run for balls that rarely come in. A little tweak or two, and a big chunk of luck, and we may just start getting the goals that hopefully outweigh the defensive frailties!

I'm sure it has been covered already in depth but I can't be bothered to search amongst the debris of the last 1000 furious posts (quite rightly/fair enough) BUT-

I think we looked really good against Pompey away. Gorrin changes us a side. I wouldn't be surprised to see us collect some results over the next few weeks, starting tomorrow. The game on Saturday was a f*****g car crash but again we were cruising for 45 minutes.

2-1 Yellows.

Can't keep a clean sheet.
Need to score 2 or more goals to win a game.
Lost our last three home games.
Not looking good is it?

I'm sure it has been covered already in depth but I can't be bothered to search amongst the debris of the last 1000 furious posts (quite rightly/fair enough) BUT-

I think we looked really good against Pompey away. Gorrin changes us a side. I wouldn't be surprised to see us collect some results over the next few weeks, starting tomorrow. The game on Saturday was a f*****g car crash but again we were cruising for 45 minutes.

2-1 Yellows.
That would be good

They turned it round after the Crewe debacle with improved performances against Wigan and Portsmouth. They can turn it round again after Saturday’s debacle with a performance again tomorrow, but that MUST continue into a consistent run of form if we want to get anything from this season.

I'd also say KR likes having the option of bringing him on in an emergency whilst just having him there for assistant coaching duties most of the time.

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin
Kelly McGuane
Henry Taylor (if not banned) Obita

Leave Sykes at home and drop Shodipo off at QPR on the way, and bring Clare on to replace Henry after a while.
Clare absolutely has to start after his performance against Portsmouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom