General Yesteryear

U’s QUIZ from Oxford Utd v West Brom - March 1989

How many U’s can you pick out from the shot ?

E-bFAaNXsAAy8A2
From left to right. Tommy Caton. Jimmy Phillips. Martin Foyle. Andy Thomas.

From left to right. Tommy Caton. Jimmy Phillips. Martin Foyle. Andy Thomas.
Richard Hill just visible , not Andy Thomas who had left by then ( played against us for Plymouth that season I think) Mickey Lewis no 5 not Tommy Caton either. Phil Heath ?? The other although not sure of that one tbh( no 2)

Mickey Lewis 5
Jimmy Phillips 3
Martin Foyle 8
Neil Slatter 2
Richard Hill between Foyle and Slatter
Peter Hucker

Last edited:
Robbie Mustoe mentioned there - when he left as that seasons attempt to balance the books I remember thinking, he's an OK player but not all that. 400 games in the top divisions later and a job with NBC shows what a poor judge I am!

Three WBA players look to be Don Goodman , Chris ‘ Huggy Bear ‘ Whyte and Colin West.

ON THIS DAY :

September 12th 1987.

United’s last visit to Anfield occurred on this day 34 years ago.Two first half goals from John Barnes
and John Aldridge gave the Reds a straightforward victory.

42,266 watched it.

C1ZWF_XWgAEw6so

U’s : Hucker - Slatter Briggs Caton Dreyer - Houghton Shelton Hebberd Saunders - Whitehurst Foyle

Liverpool : Grobbelaar - Venison Hansen Gillespie Nicol - McMahon Spackman Whelan Barnes - Beardsley Aldridge

ON THIS DAY :

September 14th 1985

Debutant Ray Houghton in action for Oxford versus Liverpool where the game finished 2-2

Eh3HOe1XgAA1Xil

Gary Briggs and Jan Molby

E_OFt8kXIAMmRDX

EzNIcTvVoAAYKTW
That was the day we actually arrived in the big time for me. Wonder if Liverpool still have the crystal ball we gave to teams commemorating their first game at The Manor in the top flight...

Back
Top Bottom