World Cup match chat

Germany should have put a new manager in charge 4 years aho. Low has had an amazing time there, but they need a new a fresh perspective and less entitelement. It's lovely to see them crash out of a WC and it be on merit. No ifs, no buts, they were pretty much crap for the tournament. All that talent and they looked like flat and unbothered.

They deserved to go out, one paced and to old.

The average age of World Cup winning teams is 26, Germany were around that last time then got cocky.

England have an average age of 26 this time, not saying that we will win it but this is this teams best chance, other than wholesale changes in the next tournament and onwards the idea of building this team up is nonsense, you need hungry prime players to be successful as this tournament has shown, this 23 should have a go as building for 4 years time is a load of crap.

Germany should have put a new manager in charge 4 years aho. Low has had an amazing time there, but they need a new a fresh perspective and less entitelement. It's lovely to see them crash out of a WC and it be on merit. No ifs, no buts, they were pretty much crap for the tournament. All that talent and they looked like flat and unbothered.

Löw will be gone in the morning or Friday after their flight back home tomorrow night.
That's my prediction anyway.
Very, very quiet atmosphere over here tonight.

Löw will be gone in the morning or Friday after their flight back home tomorrow night.

The. TSG Hoffenheim manager should get it, but I think he’s just agreed to take the RB Leipzig job.

Bit late! It will be very weird for the Germans to have to just watch a WC knowing they are out before all of the group stages are done.

If he goes it won't be Klopp or Nagelsmann. Too expensive to get out of their contracts.
New DFB trainers usually come from within, so Sammer, Hrubesch or Adrion, with Hansi Flick the cheap option (like Löw was under Klinsmann).

If he goes it won't be Klopp or Nagelsmann. Too expensive to get out of their contracts.
New DFB trainers usually come from within, so Sammer, Hrubesch or Adrion, with Hansi Flick the cheap option (like Löw was under Klinsmann).

Yeah Sammer is a good shout.

Herr Flick would whip them into shape.

They are scouring the Central African Republic as we speak.

But I’d take bottom half of the draw, over the minefield At the top half.

I did think that.....

....but then watched the Group F games yesterday morning and realised that we really don't have a clue who's any good in this tournament yet.

Whoever comes out of Group H is likely to be roughly equivalent (that's how they've looked so far), and England should be favourites whoever it is.
The semi-final opponent is going to be tough regardless. Frankly it might be better to face whichever side comes out of the Portugal/Uruguay/France/Argentina quarter as they're going to be battered.....as opposed to probably Spain or Croatia who may have had an easier ride.

So the only reason to want to finish second in the group is to avoid Brazil in the quarters. And a) they're not that scary and b) you've got to beat them some time......

I say that confidence and momentum trumps fear of Brazil. Let's go out and crush the Belgian scrubs!!

And actually how the last round of Group H games turned out, I'm now even more sure of this. Japan don't look threatening; Colombia are big and strong and there's always a risk that they turn things on.

Colombia then Sweden/Switzerland or Japan then Brazil/Mexico? Too tough to call.

Crush the Belgians!!!

8 changes for England tonight then, I think the Belgians will do the same. It is a bit of a nothing game really, tournament starts again with a single game knockout format, you have to beat whatever’s put in front of you, not worth stressing about who it is, going to play a good side soon enough.

Thought Senegal were dire, couldn’t pass and shoot? I hope they realised its football not
Rugby. And Mané was terrible even our strikers last season were better than him. As regard the Japs and Poles a total disgrace the last 15 minutes I just hope FIFA deal with it.

8 changes for England tonight then, I think the Belgians will do the same. It is a bit of a nothing game really, tournament starts again with a single game knockout format, you have to beat whatever’s put in front of you, not worth stressing about who it is, going to play a good side soon enough.

Still think there's some benefit - from a confidence and momentum perspective - to keep winning though.

Understand why you rest your stars (both to give them a breather, and see what else you've got) but I hope the side we are playing goes all out to win this one......

England v Colombia. Tough game, but I think that’s the route they wanted.

From the first whistle tonight England wasn’t interested in winning the game, or even drawing the match. We didn’t show any urgency throughout the 90 minutes.

It was even more obvious when Rashford was clean through on goal, and missed from 10 yards. That would never of happened had we needed to win the game.

That’s the gamble, and Gareth Southgate has played his hand.

England v Colombia. Tough game, but I think that’s the route they wanted.

From the first whistle tonight England wasn’t interested in winning the game, or even drawing the match. We didn’t show any urgency throughout the 90 minutes.

It was even more obvious when Rashford was clean through on goal, and missed from 10 yards. That would never of happened had we needed to win the game.

That’s the gamble, and Gareth Southgate has played his hand.
A win on Tuesday and everyone forgets tonight .

What we learned from that is that Belgium have a load of depth and different options too, England’s ‘B’ team isn’t as good as their ‘B’ team and England really do need Harry Kane as their front man. Nothing new there really.

As for Colombia. When they’re hot, they’re electric. When they’re not, they’re typically South American - divey and dirty. It doesn’t look like James Rodriguez will make it but Falcao (English league foreign flops have a habit of hurting the national side) can still cause problems.

Not done and dusted at all. No point even thinking about the QF until the round of 16 has been done.

Back
Top Bottom