League One Wigan Athletic woes

Been confirmed the 12 points will be applied this season. So if they lose or draw to Fulham tonight they are down.

Seems incredibly vindictive of the EFL.

Better than a slow death approach like Bolton. They are appealing which may have an impact due to the timing:

Sheffield Wednesday are still in danger of a points deduction for their stadium sale which they used to manipulate their profits so as not to break FFP. Though it's also been said that whatever the panel decision was, it will be appealed. If Wednesday end up with no points deduction, relegated teams will appeal, and vice versa.

I am wondering when Skybet settle teams as "relegated" as I stuck a fiver on SW to go down at 25/1 once I heard about the investigation.

Similarly I think Stevenage are appealing the EFL to deduct more points from Macclesfield to save themselves from the drop.

Sheffield Wednesday are still in danger of a points deduction for their stadium sale which they used to manipulate their profits so as not to break FFP. Though it's also been said that whatever the panel decision was, it will be appealed. If Wednesday end up with no points deduction, relegated teams will appeal, and vice versa.

I am wondering when Skybet settle teams as "relegated" as I stuck a fiver on SW to go down at 25/1 once I heard about the investigation.

Similarly I think Stevenage are appealing the EFL to deduct more points from Macclesfield to save themselves from the drop.

So basically, whilst in theory today's relegation scrap in the Championship should be one of the greatest ever (no-one is yet relegated with one game to play; five teams are in danger if you include Wigan's deduction, and Birmingham and Middlesborough also come into the equation if you don't) - actually, we're not going to find out our final three 2020-21 opponents today, we're going to find out in a few weeks time once all the appeals and hearings have been completed.

Great.:rolleyes:

Stevenage - rubbish OR Macclesfield - financial basket case?
Can they just launch both of them and get three up!

So basically, whilst in theory today's relegation scrap in the Championship should be one of the greatest ever (no-one is yet relegated with one game to play; five teams are in danger if you include Wigan's deduction, and Birmingham and Middlesborough also come into the equation if you don't) - actually, we're not going to find out our final three 2020-21 opponents today, we're going to find out in a few weeks time once all the appeals and hearings have been completed.

Great.:rolleyes:

The reason behind this is simple - the EFL are weak and simply don't have the B*****s or willing to run things properly.

Think you'll find it's settled as the table showed Wednesday evening, subsequent enquiries, appeals etc are ignored

Was this the bid to do with Wigan Warriors?

Thought I read that IL was going to help?

He was looking to put a bid together with DE but don't know how far it got or if it is one of the 5 remaining bidders or the bidder that dropped out.

Think you'll find it's settled as the table showed Wednesday evening, subsequent enquiries, appeals etc are ignored
They are appealing and have a good case not to be relegated. I’d hope they’d can get the penalty moved to next season.

They are appealing and have a good case not to be relegated. I’d hope they’d can get the penalty moved to next season.

i referred to Mark G Bet on Sheffield Wednesday where subsequent enquiries,appeals etc are normally ignored for bet settlement.

i referred to Mark G Bet on Sheffield Wednesday where subsequent enquiries,appeals etc are normally ignored for bet settlement.
Yes - it was settled on the league table after the last game of the normal season (before play-offs). I wondered whether they might use a later date such as the league AGM in the Summer. It makes sense in all normal circumstances to use last game of the season though.

So SWFC get a 12 point deduction for next season. Don’t know why not this season.

I lost my bet anyway.

Back
Top Bottom