League One Wigan Athletic woes

See their fans are whinging about 'suffering' admin twice in 3 years. Yeah, and you weren't complaining inbetween when your tiny pie-munching football club won the league.

F**king can't stand Wigan. Dave Whelan bankrolled an otherwise 4th division shitty little rugby league town to glory. You're no bigger than Bury or Rochdale. Get f**ked you entitled pr*cks.

Get Wigan in the f**king bin. Pie-munching pr*cks.
You tell em

I think if Wigan enter administration again especially not a long after their last administration then they should have the book thrown at them. When they won L1 look at the wages they were paying look at the players they were acquiring. Why should they be allowed to go into Administration again as an easy way of getting out of the s**t.
The EFL should punish them big time.

See their fans are whinging about 'suffering' admin twice in 3 years. Yeah, and you weren't complaining inbetween when your tiny pie-munching football club won the league.

F**king can't stand Wigan. Dave Whelan bankrolled an otherwise 4th division shitty little rugby league town to glory. You're no bigger than Bury or Rochdale. Get f**ked you entitled pr*cks.

Say what you mean eh at least your not sitting on the fence 😂

I think if Wigan enter administration again especially not a long after their last administration then they should have the book thrown at them. When they won L1 look at the wages they were paying look at the players they were acquiring. Why should they be allowed to go into Administration again as an easy way of getting out of the s**t.
The EFL should punish them big time.
Don't be so silly it's the EFL they don't punish the big boys

I think the better thing to take from this is to have better regulation of who can own a club.

Wigan have failed to pay their players again, the EFL let off Wigan when they were late three times before.
If you are not paid, surely this is a breach of contract? So, could we pick up out of contract players?
Clutching at straws.

Unfortunately players need to be out of contract before the close of the transfer window, but we could do with a dozen of them in the summer!!
I thought if they weren’t paid in consecutive months they’re contract becomes null and void? Isn’t that what happened to Weymouth and yes I know they were non league but surly the rules are the same? Maybe wrong but you never know l.

I thought if they weren’t paid in consecutive months they’re contract becomes null and void? Isn’t that what happened to Weymouth and yes I know they were non league but surly the rules are the same? Maybe wrong but you never know l.

It's not a matter of whether or not Wigan's players' contracts get cancelled.

EFL clubs can only sign out of contract players if those players were not under contract to anyone else when the the transfer window shut.

Otherwise, it would be an easy loophole for clubs to get around the transfer window!

It's not a matter of whether or not Wigan's players' contracts get cancelled.

EFL clubs can only sign out of contract players if those players were not under contract to anyone else when the the transfer window shut.

Otherwise, it would be an easy loophole for clubs to get around the transfer window!
So if Wigan go under, the players who haven’t been paid are not allowed to sign for another club? Hardly fair on the players! I bet the PFA would be checking the legality of that.

Say what you mean, please. :ROFLMAO:

So if Wigan go under, the players who haven’t been paid are not allowed to sign for another club? Hardly fair on the players! I bet the PFA would be checking the legality of that.

They can't be registered to play for what remains of this season. I guess that there's nothing to stop anyone from being signed, but why would a club pay someone's wages if they couldn't play until August?

Wigan won't go under, certainly not this season, while in the FL flagship division they are definitely protected. Be admin and a points deduction, relegation and then regroup with very little debt as usual.

Wigan won't go under, certainly not this season, while in the FL flagship division they are definitely protected. Be admin and a points deduction, relegation and then regroup with very little debt as usual.
Probably band that is what is wrong with football. If they get away with the debt via an IVA or whatever, what about the outside creditors who are owed by the club they will suffer again and I thought that was one of the reasons for FFP so the clubs would have enough money left to pay the outside facilities that the club might use.

Probably band that is what is wrong with football. If they get away with the debt via an IVA or whatever, what about the outside creditors who are owed by the club they will suffer again and I thought that was one of the reasons for FFP so the clubs would have enough money left to pay the outside facilities that the club might use.

If I was an outside supplier after their next admin, I'd be demanding payment upfront for any goods or services for the foreseeable future, maybe indefinitely. Otherwise they wouldn't get my trade as the risk wouldn't be worth it.

If I was an outside supplier after their next admin, I'd be demanding payment upfront for any goods or services for the foreseeable future, maybe indefinitely. Otherwise they wouldn't get my trade as the risk wouldn't be worth it.
Frankly, if I was a supplier to most football clubs I would want payment up front until the whole protected football creditors thing is changed. Seem to remember St Johns Ambulance getting nothing from the Pompey administration whilst the ginger whinger and others demanded payment in full (though fair play to Pompey fans who gave the money when they heard).

Back
Top Bottom