Ex Player Where is Bobby Ford?

Gary Baldi

For those that have listened to the official club podcast (excellent BTW), there has been a recurring theme in them other than Nigel Jemson being a less than wonderful human being as a player and team mate.

What happened to the mercurial Bobby Ford, and where is he now?

Because it seems that no one knows where he is or what he is doing or how to contact him... As far I can tell, he last played for Bath City but that was it.

Always interesting the hear, as they talked about on the pod, about players who don’t particularly enjoy football.

In some ways, I have even more respect for them as becoming, and maintaining the career, as a professional athlete takes so much commitment and drive.

Hope he’s doing well. He was a great player to watch in the mid to late nineties.

Chris Williams will be happy that someone has finally answered the burning question! From Paul Moody, to Les Robinson and Stuart Massey, no one knew where he went to. He just disappeared off the face of the football earth.

If he's reading this... Hello mate :)

Chris Williams will be happy that someone has finally answered the burning question! From Paul Moody, to Les Robinson and Stuart Massey, no one knew where he went to. He just disappeared off the face of the football earth.

If he's reading this... Hello mate :)

I doubt it and his FB isn`t active, Mrs F seems to use it more, probably doesn`t even know he is "wanted".

I doubt it and his FB isn`t active, Mrs F seems to use it more, probably doesn`t even know he is "wanted".
Crikey, we at least we know he has a missus now...

Out of interest... Do you know where all of or ex-players are? Martin Brodetsky will be jealous! :)

Crikey, we at least we know he has a missus now...

Out of interest... Do you know where all of or ex-players are? Martin Brodetsky will be jealous! :)
If they visit their local NHS doctor, he can trace them in the system*... ?

*I'm not actually suggesting this is true, for the benefit of any solicitors reading.

If they visit their local NHS doctor, he can trace them in the system*... ?

*I'm not actually suggesting this is true, for the benefit of any solicitors reading.

No he won`t, that is one of the only certain ways to get the boot from the NHS. :)

However, it didn`t take a degree in criminology to put "R Ford Plumbing UK" into Google.
That brought up said Norfolk plumbing company on FB
A certain Robert Ford had commented on the reviews........... he`s married to Serena.....
It even looks like him..........

No he won`t, that is one of the only certain ways to get the boot from the NHS. :)

However, it didn`t take a degree in criminology to put "R Ford Plumbing UK" into Google.
That brought up said Norfolk plumbing company on FB
A certain Robert Ford had commented on the reviews........... he`s married to Serena.....
It even looks like him..........
Some of us didn't even know he was a plumber! And there are a lot of R Fords and Bobby Fords out there to sift thru.

Not such a happy story. Wouldn’t wish that on anyone.
Such awful news...... :(

I remember walking past Bobby in Headington in about 1995/6. He was sat on a bench eating fish and chips from the paper. Really skillful player. So sorry to hear of the death of his son.

That’s not Bobby Ford, not the one who played for us anyway. Looks nothing like him IMO and news reports from that tragic story have the ages nine years apart. All the many other “Fords” on his Facebook are all local to Norfolk too, not one from Bristol.

Blades mate sent me this from a programme he's just found. I thought Bobby was class back in the day, I wonder if he still looks fourteen?

Bobby Ford Blades.png

Back
Top Bottom