2nd Test Wed 28 June-2 July 2023 - Lord's

Who will win this test?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Brilliant from Ben Stokes, it’s up to Broad,Robinson,Tongue,and Anderson.

He can’t believe it as he walks off, but he’s been magnificent today. Someone else needs to be a hero.

Tall order now. It’s been a fascinating days play so far.

It’s all over I’m afraid ladies and gents.

No chance England will score these runs now.

It’s been a valiant effort, Stokes and Duckett, and Broad take a bow.

Broad gone. Chasing the short ball. Down to fine leg, and only ever one outcome there.

Turned it off now. I can’t stand watching the Aussies win, and celebrating. Painful!

Pretty heroic by Stokes and Broad - we lost the game earlier on in the match though. Unless the last two put on over 60, which they won't no matter how much we hope they will!

Frustrating, because (like Edgbaston) with a bit more care and attention to detail we could have got a better result.

I guess one of the major talking points will be the way Bairstow got himself out.

For me he’s out. It reminded me of the Ian Bell dismissal at Trent Bridge when he thought it was Lunch or Tea, and got out, but the Indians allowed him to come back out. The Aussies would never ever allow that to happen. Perhaps not in the spirit of the game, a bit like the Mankad dismissal, but it’s perfectly legitimate.

They got closer than most of us thought and special mention to Stokes - how the Aussies would love to have him in the side - but it’s still a defeat.

I guess one of the major talking points will be the way Bairstow got himself out.

For me he’s out. It reminded me of the Ian Bell dismissal at Trent Bridge when he thought it was Lunch or Tea, and got out, but the Indians allowed him to come back out. The Aussies would never ever allow that to happen. Perhaps not in the spirit of the game, a bit like the Mankad dismissal, but it’s perfectly legitimate.
I don’t think anyone is disputing if it’s out or not, it’s just a low down, dirty, rattish way to get someone out. It’s also far worse than a Mankad.

If nothing else its not a dull series.......... still plenty of life in this yet. :D (y)

Back
Top Bottom