3rd Test Thu 6-10 July 2023 - Headingley

Who will win this test?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can't say I'm actually enjoying it, very tempted to go mow the lawn and see the result when I'm done 🤣

Well it looked like being a tense finish then we rattled the reins we needed off on pretty short order.

Keeps it alive. Don’t think either side is particularly great, still a tall order but we just need to make as few mistakes as possible and it’s possible.

Agree with above, a fit Wood gives us a chance.

Terrific well done England. Held your nerve, and came out on top. Well done Harry Brook for his contribution, and Woakes for staying until the death. Mark Wood is a traditional tailender. Swings at everything. Good lad!

I feel a lot more comfortable when chasing a target, rather than defending a total.

Bairstow needs dropping, and Ben Foakes needs to play.

Terrific well done England. Held your nerve, and came out on top. Well done Harry Brook for his contribution, and Woakes for staying until the death.

I feel a lot more comfortable when chasing a target, rather than defending a total.

Bairstow needs dropping, and Ben Foakes needs to play.

Agreed on Bairstow, his batting in this series doesn't justify the limitations of his wicket keeping so far.

Duckett doesn't convince me at all - a test batsman who is incapable of leaving the ball isn't a test batsman. Bairstow needs to be swapped for Foakes (I think we are all pretty unanimous on this?) and will Robinson be fit for the next one? If not, then bring Tongue back in for him. Next test start a week on Wednesday - can't wait!

Just sneaked it but done our best to balls it up!!
Bairstow and Moeen should be confined to limited overs cricket now. Just a shame we don't have another experienced competent spinner, that may save Mo from being dropped. Of course we do have another more competent keeper.
I have a feeling Anderson will play on his home ground and Robinson will be rested.
Series is back on. Let's take it to an Oval decider!!

3 magnificent Test matches - all very close. 2-1 is a fair result at this stage, to either side. Bring on Old Trafford.

Bairstow and Moeen should be confined to limited overs cricket now. Just a shame we don't have another experienced competent spinner, that may save Mo from being dropped. Of course we do have another more competent keeper.
I have a feeling Anderson will play on his home ground and Robinson will be rested.

Moeen won't be dropped unless they take the punt with Rehan Ahmed and I can't see that happening. Tbf, Moeen got 2 key wickets in the Aussies 2nd innings.

Another fun Test. I don’t think it’ll impact the result of who will hold the Ashes - we have an Old Trafford Test after all 🌧️ 🌧️ 🌧️ - but it chalks one up on the board.

Rehen Ahmed. Is it worth letting the young Leg Spinner loose at Old Trafford? The Oval normally has a bit of spin too.

England could maybe chase 250 which means skittling the Aussies for 224.

As their first innings showed though, allow one person to get in and you can post 200 pretty easily.
Excellent prediction only 1 out
What are your figures for the next test

Well it looked like being a tense finish then we rattled the reins we needed off on pretty short order.

Keeps it alive. Don’t think either side is particularly great, still a tall order but we just need to make as few mistakes as possible and it’s possible.

Agree with above, a fit Wood gives us a chance.
Quite interesting because we won because the Aussies only had Starc and Cummins who were causing any problems, if Hazlewoid is done then we have a fighting chance. Boland Murphy and Marsh look lightweight. If Marsh had not had that great knock in the first innings that would have been a victory in 2 days.

Please can Milan bat 3 and Foakes keep wicket. Expecting Woakes Wood Broad and Tongue to be the pace attack. Intriging to see what wicket they produce for Old Trafford. May well go with Root as the spin option.
Lot depends on the track they produce.

Back
Top Bottom