Weather vs Sunderland

The wind will cause more problems than the rain and of course, the safety of those travelling to games will be considered.

I'm sure KR is on the roof of the South Stand at the moment loosening bolts just enough so that the roof leaks badly and we can make them do the journey twice ;)

Surely the most important thing from all points of view is, when will the decision be made? Whether it's on or off, the Club needs to say one way or the other and the sooner the better.
That's always difficult though.
Call it off now and Dennis misses Oxford and the club rightly gets criticised.
With the wind it will have to be awful for the game to be stopped? It might ruin the game of a spectacle though

The worst of Dennis isn't due to reach South Oxford until Saturday afternoon and then overnight into Sunday, so I would have thought it was unlikely that a postponement decision could be made until a few hours before kick off and by then most people will have travelled, so it would have to be all about how severe the incoming storm will get before 5:00pm - an impossible prediction.

Of course, if Swindon were to be turned into an urban wasteland by the approaching storm at 10:00am, that would indicate what was to come, but then again, how could anyone tell.........

It`s a bit cloudy up here in the Midlands, I`m torn between nipping in the local for a pint on the way home or not.

The pending apocalypse isn`t concerning me yet.

• React
Reactions: UTM
I think we need to man up , and get on with it. We have got to soft in this modern world which is the UK.

I can remember games at the Manor where a call out was made for fans to clear the pitch of snow, I can remember games at the manor played with snow on the pitch & pitch markings redone (on the snow) in blue, for example .... Yep I agree @UTM
football in general has got 'softer' in recent times

Meanwhile, if the U18s & U16s away games V N'hampton, set for tomorrow , now postponed, are any indicator, signs arent great for tomorrows game ...

The worst of Dennis isn't due to reach South Oxford until Saturday afternoon and then overnight into Sunday, so I would have thought it was unlikely that a postponement decision could be made until a few hours before kick off and by then most people will have travelled, so it would have to be all about how severe the incoming storm will get before 5:00pm - an impossible prediction.

Of course, if Swindon were to be turned into an urban wasteland by the approaching storm at 10:00am, that would indicate what was to come, but then again, how could anyone tell.........
It’s ALREADY an urban wasteland.

I can remember games at the Manor where a call out was made for fans to clear the pitch of snow, I can remember games at the manor played with snow on the pitch & pitch markings redone (on the snow) in blue, for example .... Yep I agree @UTM
football in general has got 'softer' in recent times

Meanwhile, if the U18s & U16s away games V N'hampton, set for tomorrow , now postponed, are any indicator, signs arent great for tomorrows game ...

It isn't snow that is the problem. ;)

Surely the most important thing from all points of view is, when will the decision be made? Whether it's on or off, the Club needs to say one way or the other and the sooner the better.
I don't recall the club commenting in the past when bad weather was forecast? I expect they're just waiting to see what happens, as uncertain as that may be for any supporters attending the game people can, mostly, decide for themselves what to do.

Games are being called off for player/spectator safety already in the Conference with 4 games off and it seems some of this is based on League advice. So whether that translates to the Football League is yet to seen.

Storm Dennis! ….. I'm worried about Storm Karl that seems to gathering a little bit of momentum.

MET forecast showed rain from 1800-0000 this evening then pretty much rain from 0600-kick off. Bit nothing yet.

Back
Top Bottom