Weather vs Sunderland

Heavy rain forecast throughout tonight and then heavy rain from early hours on Saturday, right through to Sunday afternoon. Combine that with strong winds, the game must be a doubt.

Look how much rain there was at the Ipswich game. The pitch was basically flooded, then within a few minutes it all drained away and was fine. We seem to have great drainage, so I don’t see why the game can’t go ahead!

Look how much rain there was at the Ipswich game. The pitch was basically flooded, then within a few minutes it all drained away and was fine. We seem to have great drainage, so I don’t see why the game can’t go ahead!

Depends on the surrounding land and whether the water has somewhere to go I guess.

Last weekends match between Manchester City and West Ham was called off five hours before kick-off even though the pitch at the Etihad was playable.

The decision was taken as Storm Ciara raged “in the interests of supporter and staff safety” according to City. West Ham agreed that the fixture should be postponed.

Wasn’t this game against Kidderminster when at half time they evacuated a part of the South stand for safety reasons and reallocated people to the North stand?

I thought it was against Scunthorpe? I was in the South stand lower and part of the roof was dangling down, they moved us round to the empty north stand at half time. We scored from a corner and it ended 1-0. Drive home I remember going through Nuneham Courtenay and a tree was blocking the road.

Pitch is not the issue, safety of travelling fans and transport network gets taken into account..

Last weekends match between Manchester City and West Ham was called off five hours before kick-off even though the pitch at the Etihad was playable.

The decision was taken as Storm Ciara raged “in the interests of supporter and staff safety” according to City. West Ham agreed that the fixture should be postponed.

Can’t blame West Ham for agreeing, either way they were going to get battered by either Storm Ciara or Storm Pep...

So it should! All this elf & safety bollox is just that!
Cleared snow off the pitch at the Manor so the game could go ahead, roads, pavements etc are just down to people`s common sense.
The same common sense that has now been eaten away by "compo culture".

Christ I sound like my grandfather. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 2914
Think It will go ahead

I think we’re reading it differently as I would imagine that over 90% likelihood (currently) of heavy rain throughout and winds of over 50mph throughout would really cause referees to consider in-game (if not before necessarily before) to postpone the match.

Could be in for another Ipswich type situation if so and I imagine there would be less leniency to carry on when it’s not a mid-week game.

There’s already a pre-emotive yellow weather warning for the county in place for Saturday.

We shall see.

Back
Top Bottom