Weather vs Sunderland

After some serious discussion and at the risk of being ostracised by Mrs Lounger, we have decided not to risk the drive up to Oxford. The game might get called off, it might not however, the roads coming back will be a tad unpleasant with standing water and other detritus etc so it's a Saturday at home for us.
Thankfully, next season will see us living back in the shire and these kind of problems will be in the past!

Don't blame you, it's lashing down here in Abingdon, hopefully if it is to be postponed it will be before I leave. Not looking forward to the walk from Littlemore either.

It's blowing horizontal on the Jurassic coast, gusts of rain. My agent reckons he's going naked as he can't be bothered with drying clothes - I'd like to see how that goes down in the 'Bird.

BTW, was playing 4 a-side in Sidmouth on Thursday, cage-style. Doesn't half clear the lungs.

Cage style? Like Kung Fu kicks etc? You playing for Millwall walking football now mate? ?

After some serious discussion and at the risk of being ostracised by Mrs Lounger, we have decided not to risk the drive up to Oxford. The game might get called off, it might not however, the roads coming back will be a tad unpleasant with standing water and other detritus etc so it's a Saturday at home for us.
Thankfully, next season will see us living back in the shire and these kind of problems will be in the past!
It is so good being back in the shire and having just a 20 min drive to Grenoble Rd. You will love it.

I’ve moved mine and my son’s season ticket from the south stand lower to the upper so we don’t get wet.......cost £16 to upgrade both tickets!

Here in Sandford on Thames it has been raining quite hard for the last 40 minutes or so. If this keeps up I can see the match starting but possibly being abandoned.

Getting quite windy now in Zeist. But no rain before 6pm. ?

Arrived from Londonshire and having a beer in town so see how it goes, need to rush back as I have a hot date in Covent Garden later :love:

We’re on our way from Bicester, would be extremely surprised if it was called off but funnier things have happened when footballing authorities are involved.

I’ve just driven up from Dorset. The rains pretty light in Blackbird Leas. No way it will get called off if it stays like this. I suspect the worst is yet to come though.

I’ve just driven up from Dorset. The rains pretty light in Blackbird Leas. No way it will get called off if it stays like this. I suspect the worst is yet to come though.
around 2pm the monsoon is set to hit Oxford ...according to 3 different forecasts

Arrived from Londonshire and having a beer in town so see how it goes, need to rush back as I have a hot date in Covent Garden later :love:

It will not be such a hot date if she reads this forum ?

Back
Top Bottom