We have to be creative?

Does ' being creative' mean any new signings will be painting the mural at the back of the East stand?:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

I’m not explaining it again, it’s really not that hard to understand the comparison. Work it out for yourself.

No, go on. Tell me what has Sunderland fc’s Policy got to do with Oxford United?

I’ll answer for you

Nothing

Or Somethibg. Insofar as you think both are robbing Peter to pay Paul and you think that’s wrong

I’m not explaining it again, it’s really not that hard to understand the comparison. Work it out for yourself.

No, go on. Tell me what has Sunderland fc’s Policy got to do with Oxford United?

I’ll answer for you

Nothing

Or Somethibg. Insofar as you think both are robbing Peter to pay Paul and you think that’s wrong

Wrong again.
No wonder ur a cricket journo not a real one.

I don’t think anyone is robbing anyone to pay anyone. I think Sunderland have taken the exact same position as tiger, (hence the f*****g comparison) defer payment to free up cash up front. Nothing wrong with that, a stance I’ve had from the beginning. Still paying the same amount just over time, just a different way of financing the deal. Slight difference in approach 1 is guaranteed by parachute payments the other by pending transfer payments.

Charlie had a problem with tiger doing it. Yet what wasn’t good for Oufc is now fine for Sunderland.

You still have a problem with tiger doing as u continually mention it. Why? It will soon be paid off, and tiger will have paid the exact same amount for the club as if he had upfront on day 1

I doubt that KR s comments are aimed at us to lower our expectations a week before the season ticket deadline.
Id say its more likely they are aimed at a club with whom we are negotiating with for their prize striker usual pr nonsense heres hoping anyway.

My own reading of the article is that Robinson is having trouble getting the players that he wants. Too many other clubs interested in them and willing to pay a lot more money maybe?
Interesting to see how well he manages that scenario.

I’ll answer for you

Nothing

I'll jump in and explain for our award winning journo.

It is common knowledge that DE is owed money from the sale of players during his time in charge. This money could have been paid upfront but both parties agreed to defer this for future payments due. This was to free money up to spend on the club/players.

Keeping up so far?

Some questioned this business deal and implied that something was amiss. It was suggested that the only reason this was happening was because Tiger was potless. This was ridiculed at the time by some who saw this as a perfectly normal position and is identical to the position Sunderland find themselves in. Most see Sunderland as being head and shoulders above everyone else in league 1, therefore the financial comparisons can be seen as favourable to the situation we find ourselves in.

Still with me?

Since the takeover was announced we have seen money come in for Ryan Lesson and money go out on the appointment of Robinson and Derry plus general improvements around the club.

Nothing out of the ordinary, but nothing to worry about. Agreed?

So here we are, a few days into June and the usual flappers are panicking that Tiger is skint and we're doomed. Hardly surprising as the same faces appear each year at this time.

But our no.1 Journo here seems to think there is more to it, or that there is nothing to worry about (I can't seem to work out what your point is?!)

So, what is your view of things right now? I'm guessing that work is a bit slow these days so surely your investigations have uncovered all sorts of scandals that you're desperate to share?

I'll jump in and explain for our award winning journo.

It is common knowledge that DE is owed money from the sale of players during his time in charge. This money could have been paid upfront but both parties agreed to defer this for future payments due. This was to free money up to spend on the club/players.

Keeping up so far?

Some questioned this business deal and implied that something was amiss. It was suggested that the only reason this was happening was because Tiger was potless. This was ridiculed at the time by some who saw this as a perfectly normal position and is identical to the position Sunderland find themselves in. Most see Sunderland as being head and shoulders above everyone else in league 1, therefore the financial comparisons can be seen as favourable to the situation we find ourselves in.

Still with me?

Since the takeover was announced we have seen money come in for Ryan Lesson and money go out on the appointment of Robinson and Derry plus general improvements around the club.

Nothing out of the ordinary, but nothing to worry about. Agreed?

So here we are, a few days into June and the usual flappers are panicking that Tiger is skint and we're doomed. Hardly surprising as the same faces appear each year at this time.

But our no.1 Journo here seems to think there is more to it, or that there is nothing to worry about (I can't seem to work out what your point is?!)

So, what is your view of things right now? I'm guessing that work is a bit slow these days so surely your investigations have uncovered all sorts of scandals that you're desperate to share?

What has Sunderland policy got to do with Oxford United
That’s the question. And not posed to you by the way.
Keep up.

Wrong again.

I don’t think anyone is robbing anyone to pay anyone. I think Sunderland have taken the exact same position as tiger, (hence the f*****g comparison) defer payment to free up cash up front. Nothing wrong with that, a stance I’ve had from the beginning. Still paying the same amount just over time, just a different way of financing the deal. Slight difference in approach 1 is guaranteed by parachute payments the other by pending transfer payments.

Charlie had a problem with tiger doing it. Yet what wasn’t good for Oufc is now fine for Sunderland.

You still have a problem with tiger doing as u continually mention it. Why? It will soon be paid off, and tiger will have paid the exact same amount for the club as if he had upfront on day 1

I’m just trying to remember if there are any examples from our history of an owner using club assets to fund his vanity project. I’ll have a think

And well done for finally answering. Obsessed much with Methven?

Nice personal jibe, too. What’s your job? Maybe I could slag you for it

What has Sunderland policy got to do with Oxford United
That’s the question. And not posed to you by the way.
Keep up.
Stop pretending to be stupid, it embarrasses you more than when you pretend to be in the know.

The policies are relevant because the likes of you were suggesting that offsetting payments owed in line with future revenue was wrong when it involved Tiger, yet seem to have no issues with the exact same policy being employed by Sunderland.

In the context of this thread, a budget was agreed and was sufficient enough to for a manager who is no fool. It has also been used to encourage Eastwood to remain and Shaun Derry to come on board.

The only difference is that Robinson has been quoted as saying that we won't be spending silly sums on individuals and Tiger will rubber stamp all deals.

So here are a few questions for you.

How many clubs have chairmen who have no involvement at all with player purchases?

How many players at league 1 level were bought at or around the £500k mark in the last 3 years?

If, as I suspect, most chairman ratify deals and very few have come in for the money quoted, then what is the problem?

Wrong again.

I’m just trying to remember if there are any examples from our history of an owner using club assets to fund his vanity project. I’ll have a think

Doesn’t every owner who sells a player use club assets to fund his vanity project ?

I didn’t finally answer, I’ve been saying it all along.

Job- Positive bus driver.

Now I am worried, KR made a great impression on what he was going to do with transfers, he had given Tiger a list of signing he wanted to make, I seem to remember a comment like the chairman was wowed by the list, so far we have been wowed by several key players leaving and a non league full back signing for free. Wow big spender, I will be holding onto my season ticket money until I see something close to the implied impressive signings promised. If Tiger does not back KR, will he stay, his track record suggests not.

Promised under 23 team, promised wow manager, promised significant players with promotion experience, no mention of big money signings, but expectations have been raised, a non league signing so far, and a guy who would not run. Not a lot of wow so far Tiger.

You don’t know of any counsellors he could contact to help him get over Charlie do you?

Promised under 23 team, promised wow manager, promised significant players with promotion experience, no mention of big money signings, but expectations have been raised, a non league signing so far, and a guy who would not run. Not a lot of wow so far Tiger.

We will have an under 23 team, Chris Allen will be managing them.
Karl Robinson is a decent manager at this level and far better than some who were 'wow.
Significant players with promotion experience will be subject of various bids and will be in no rush. Nothing to suggest that they will or won't arrive.
No mention of big money signings so why cry?
A decent prospect signed so far, and Simon Eastwood staying. Ledson has gone early enough to be replaced, and Rothwell also likely to go - but these are far from surprising.
One possible signing has been knocked back due to questionable attitude, surely this can only be a positive or would you rather we threw money at players who don't do as the manager asks?

So, of course everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I really can't understand why you are moaning - especially one week into chugging JUNE!!!!

You don’t know of any counsellors he could contact to help him get over Charlie do you?

That would be nice. Cheers. Maybe come along Sean, Stockholm syndrome is a serious condition. We can get u through it together. Get u back to enjoying supporting ur team

Now I am worried, KR made a great impression on what he was going to do with transfers, he had given Tiger a list of signing he wanted to make, I seem to remember a comment like the chairman was wowed by the list, so far we have been wowed by several key players leaving and a non league full back signing for free. Wow big spender, I will be holding onto my season ticket money until I see something close to the implied impressive signings promised. If Tiger does not back KR, will he stay, his track record suggests not.
Cant be much of a fan then, you sound like a right snowflake

Back
Top Bottom