We have to be creative?

My original point was not about spending big etc, it was the fact KR said a long meeting which I am sure he said was 5 hours had already taken place to agree budgets for next season. And now we hear targets are to be passed by Tiger on a case by case basis.

That is what I was trying to question?

I am completely neutral in relation to Tiger and hope he makes a go of things so no axe to grind!

Sunderland haven’t paid Ellis short a penny yet either. Does that mean they won’t spend any money ?
Apparently Donald and Sartori said there will be up to 40 million for Sunderland

My original point was not about spending big etc, it was the fact KR said a long meeting which I am sure he said was 5 hours had already taken place to agree budgets for next season. And now we hear targets are to be passed by Tiger on a case by case basis.

That is what I was trying to question?

I am completely neutral in relation to Tiger and hope he makes a go of things so no axe to grind!

See I read that as follows - there was a meeting budgets were agreed, but there is wiggle room and tiger isn’t against spending more if he thinks it’s good value or an important signing. So he will judge each signing and cost o its own basis. To be fair if Darryl had done this last season maybe we wouldn’t have ended up with quiet as many expensive duds. The “being creative” is the model we’ve been following for 4 seasons and has worked very well, so I really don’t see that as backtracking or a change of circumstances. I still honestly don’t think kr is one who would have signed if he was even slightly concerned, or who would stay if he thought he was being stitched up messed around

Last edited by a moderator:
Sunderland haven’t paid Ellis short a penny yet either. Does that mean they won’t spend any money ?

What have Sunderland got to do with it?

You can’t seem to make your mind up whether we should be spending or not, by the way

What have Sunderland got to do with it?

You can’t seem to make your mind up whether we should be spending or not, by the way

Because they are doing the exact same thing. Christ I’d thought even investigative journos would know what an example is.

What can’t I’m make up my mind on ed ? I think we should and will spend money. I’ve never said I think it will be large amounts, nor do I think we need to, to be successful. Nor at this stage do I think that it tells us that tiger can’t afford to, or that it shows we’re missing out on targets .

Simple really

Oh and we’ve just announced an assistant manager. While retaining faz so an extra wage on the coaching staff. Another sign of cost cutting.

Can’t wait to hear urs and Sean’s negative spin on that one.

Shaun Derry - It just felt like the right club to be joining right now. You look at the way the club plans to move forward, you see the new training ground and know that it will be a major asset and you can feel that things are moving in the right direction. Obviously doesn’t read this forum does he

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. He will go where the money is. Like 90% of professional footballers

Aside from the fact that you made up that statistic; are you stating that Tiger is full of s**t unless we offer greater wages than Championship sides?

Nope. He will go where the money is. Like 90% of professional footballers

I'd also be interested to have some of these 'grandiose statements' related.

I seem to remember most who attended Tiger's first forum being distinctly underwhelmed!

Because they are doing the exact same thing. Christ I’d thought even investigative journos would know what an example is.

What can’t I’m make up my mind on ed ? I think we should and will spend money. I’ve never said I think it will be large amounts, nor do I think we need to, to be successful. Nor at this stage do I think that it tells us that tiger can’t afford to, or that it shows we’re missing out on targets .

Simple really

Oh and we’ve just announced an assistant manager. While retaining faz so an extra wage on the coaching staff. Another sign of cost cutting.

Shaun Derry - It just felt like the right club to be joining right now. You look at the way the club plans to move forward, you see the new training ground and know that it will be a major asset and you can feel that things are moving in the right direction. Obviously doesn’t read this forum does he

Did you not read the bit that said he's working for free and will be registered as a player? TIGER OUT

Some of the negativity from some people is embarrassing it’s about getting players that are good value like Roofe, Lundtrum, Ledson or Nelson and making them better players that counts for me. As I said earlier remember 2015-16 season was done without spending loads on transfers. Villa could be a classic example of going for it and not succeeding.
Yes People got their knickers in a twist about HMRC winding up orders and atm rather not be AV with all their unpaid bills!!

Jeez it must be bad sitting next to all you grumpy lot at games!!!

Yes its slow at the moment, but players are on Hols....
If we haven't signed anyone by the End of June then maybe we can start worrying....

Let us remember we love this club!!

COYY

Simple really

You’re going to have to explain to me what Sunderland policy/policies has to do with us

Unless you’re saying what they’re doing is bad?

So desperate are you to snipe at any perceived negativity you miss the point

It can only be a positive that we’re not spending big money on fees. Tiger is still paying off DE through monies from player sales so it would be compounding one financial risk with another By drinking 300 or 400k on an individual

Simple really

You’re going to have to explain to me what Sunderland policy/policies has to do with us

It can only be a positive that we’re not spending big money on fees. Tiger is still paying off DE through monies from player sales so it would be compounding one financial risk with another By drinking 300 or 400k on an individual

I’m not explaining it again, it’s really not that hard to understand the comparison. Work it out for yourself.

Listen, I hope I am wrong. But the bloke came in with all sorts of grandiose statements, and set the bar pretty high. I think KR is a perfectly decent appointment but he is not a WOW appointment (whatever that was supposed to mean). And I know that we are in the close season etc., but if Tiger really had the funds, we would have gone out and signed (for example) Otzumer from Walsall, who is out of contract and is one of the best (if not the best) midfielders in L1. That would be a statement of intent- but instead all we have so far have a full back from King's Lynn.....if we have signed 4-5 really decent L1 players in the next few weeks, then I will be happy to say I was wrong. But so far, I smell a lot of bs and have seen not much else tbh.
I still think you're being a bit premature trying to judge by your nose and eyes !

If as you say Tiger is paying off DE from player sales, doesn't that leave the money ear marked for that job still in the kitty to use elsewhere?

Back
Top Bottom