Away Match Day Thread We+++ 28/8/18 Newport County v OUFC Carabao Cup matchday thread +++

I think play the lineup from Saturday except:
Garbutt in at leftback (hopefully will improve with match fitness)
Dickie in for Nelson (keeps his match fitness ticking over, offers an opportunity to see how he performs alongside Mous)
Baptiste in for Brannagan (gives CB a rest)
Obika in for Smith (and have Lopes on the bench)

I’d like to give one of the wingers a rest but genuinely don’t know who I would put in their place. Don’t want to risk Holmes if he’s not fully fit and Mackie is just not worth having on the pitch played as a winger.

Team tonight

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180828-185120.png
    Screenshot_20180828-185120.png
    1,006.6 KB · Views: 62
Team tonight
Interesting I reckon that might be 4-3-3 with Smith, Obika and Whyte upfront. Glad he has brought Garbutt back in, perfect game to get 90 mins in.

Edit: Turns out it's 4-2-3-1 with Smith behind Obika

Last edited by a moderator:
Get where you are coming from Sarge.
I am.not sure that listening to KR minutes after the end if a game is a good idea!
He us far from alone in saying things he hardly means just after a game
In reality he did take the LC first round seriously even with the changes and we saw how good Browne Whyte and Norman can be.
He will hopefully play a strong team but I have no problem he resting players with small knocks.
Fair comment @Foley ....know I'm capable of spouting nonsense and not just directly after a rubbish match :eek:;) :unsure:

I think tonight my be the night when Whyte becomes then new Kemar Roofe with even more potential. Just had a bet on us to win scoring 4 or more @ 30-1. COYY

Back
Top Bottom