U’s v Bristol R

Sounds like Faz is getting quite frustrated with the defensive errors and confirmed Dickie will come in and get his chance in 1 of these next 3. One of Mehmeti or Thomas should be starting aswell.

Also seemed to suggest Napa might start, or at least be fairly sure of using him off the bench.

Also seemed to suggest Napa might start, or at least be fairly sure of using him off the bench.
Definitely deserves one been superb everytime he plays. I know he's just signed a contract until end of next season but that needs a further extension as he is going places.
Sounds like Faz has respect and players are enjoying training, Rothwell and Napa both mentioned how enjoyable training has been this week. Makes me wonder was Pep going to easy on the players?

Feels like a bit of a saddle game to me......

Win well, and I think we can put any lingering fears of relegation to bed, and maybe just maybe dream of a great run and sneaking into that #6 spot.
Lose badly, and it'll be back to looking over the shoulder nervously for a few more weeks.

Course either way, there's still a 95% chance that we're going to finish the season squarely midtable. But where did rationality ever get us when supporting OUFC?

Sounds like Faz is getting quite frustrated with the defensive errors and confirmed Dickie will come in and get his chance in 1 of these next 3. One of Mehmeti or Thomas should be starting aswell.
I don't blame him. It has been our problem all season. Even against Charlton the goals conceded were very poor.
Interesting to hear Mousinho suggest that Faz has coached the defensive part of the game most of the season although the players may now do a little bit more defensive work.
If we can that part out...

Definitely deserves one been superb everytime he plays. I know he's just signed a contract until end of next season but that needs a further extension as he is going places.
Sounds like Faz has respect and players are enjoying training, Rothwell and Napa both mentioned how enjoyable training has been this week. Makes me wonder was Pep going to easy on the players?
He may well have been against Charlton but I have seen him a couple of times and he most certainly has not been 'superb'. Decent yes but no better than that. Hopefully Charlton has kick stated his career.

He may well have been against Charlton but I have seen him a couple of times and he most certainly has not been 'superb'. Decent yes but no better than that. Hopefully Charlton has kick stated his career.
When i say superb i mean, He's been performing above the level i expected. So his performance has been superb for someone whose a 1st year pro.

Did before the game, then less do during, nothing nasty though

Thought he had a poor game at their place, hopefully it won't bite us on the ass come Saturday. I hope he gets a good reception, there was some banter at the away game which he looked a bit shocked by. I really liked him when he played for us and his goals in the promotion season were one of the reasons we got promoted

2 sold out away ends in a row, Plymouth have just sold out theirs. Even more incentive for anyone who has 0 ticket tomorrow to get one. Back the lads who pull on that yellow shirt and help them across the line. The away end will be noisy with the gas signing about some women called Irene, even more reason for us to have a load and proud rendition of Yellow Submarine.

Us fans could be the difference to whether this feel good factor is back for a week or back for 10 weeks. Booing is not an option puts players on edge, clap every tackle won and every shot taken show them that we back them and we believe they are good enough to play for us.

2 sold out away ends in a row, Plymouth have just sold out theirs. Even more incentive for anyone who has 0 ticket tomorrow to get one. Back the lads who pull on that yellow shirt and help them across the line. The away end will be noisy with the gas signing about some women called Irene, even more reason for us to have a load and proud rendition of Yellow Submarine.

Us fans could be the difference to whether this feel good factor is back for a week or back for 10 weeks. Booing is not an option puts players on edge, clap every tackle won and every shot taken show them that we back them and we believe they are good enough to play for us.
Gas heads also have a song about their gangly ginger target man Gaffney.... which is along the lines of them wanting to have his babies! .... strange habits that go back to their days as seafaring pirates perhaps? o_O

Henry in for Ruffels tomorrow for me. Mowatt drop deeper alongside Ledson where he was brilliant against Walsall and Charlton (Checkatrade). IBR Left, Rothwell free role & Henry on the right hand side. Wes hopefully fit up top, if not give Mehemti a go.

That’s two many changes from something that worked well for me. Ibr is much better on the right, mowatt was very good higher up the pitch. And rothwell still has a free role from the left. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Napa in the bench if Thomas is fit stick the rest the same
Need some sort if change at CB. Mousinho and Martin were shaky last weekend. Mousinho at fault for 1st goal and Martin making reckless challenges leaving exposure in our defense.

Expecting a physical approach from Gas, as usual, U's need to be able to deal with the bullying, niggly, right in ya face style of 'football' they favour. .... they have an additional boost with a sold out allocation of 1800 carrot crunchers Ooooh Arrrrrr- ing, n Irene-ing for 90mins plus, and Sercombe may well raise his game and bag himself a goal too!

U's fans all around the breeze block need to be loud n proud and 100% behind our team vocally for the duration to drown out the massed Gas heads

Back
Top Bottom