Fan's View Fan's View 23/24 - No.2 - Bristol City away

Glad you had a good day Paul - until the football started!
Agree with everything you say - I was not one to cheer the Manning appointment but we must give him time to improve things.

I reckon CB must have known from his agent that Bristol City are after him although he was very poor - again.

I am not sure if I could face another crap season you know.
The club have invested a lot in this guy so I hope he delivers, the first 10-15 games usually makes up my mind.

Ignoring the football, I was in Bristol from early evening and enjoyed a couple of drinks, as well as chatting with some locals and feel bound to mention the constant 'Bristol's a s**t hole' chant. Every time it rang out someone in my immediate proximity would casually comment to the effect of, 'well, it seems pretty good to me'.

It is one of those mindless chants that occasionally has some validity, but not given a lovely sunny day in one of the country's more vibrant cities.

Ignoring the football, I was in Bristol from early evening and enjoyed a couple of drinks, as well as chatting with some locals and feel bound to mention the constant 'Bristol's a s**t hole' chant. Every time it rang out someone in my immediate proximity would casually comment to the effect of, 'well, it seems pretty good to me'.

It is one of those mindless chants that occasionally has some validity, but not given a lovely sunny day in one of the country's more vibrant cities.
That chant makes me so angry. I was very close to mentioning this in the FV.

PB et Al. Your collective summation of recent ‘away days’ reminds me there are many reasons why I don’t bother any more.

Mindless chanting, foul language and intimidating behaviour being just 3..

(…..Taking cover😣)

PB et Al. Your collective summation of recent ‘away days’ reminds me there are many reasons why I don’t bother any more.

Mindless chanting, foul language and intimidating behaviour being just 3..

(…..Taking cover😣)
At Bristol
Mindless chanting - yes.
Foul language - didn't notice much. But at times perhaps was justifiable. "Oh FFS" after we'd cocked up again.
Intimidating behaviour - didn't witness any from either sets of fans.

Reasons not to go - the football (But it was cheap to get in)

Reasons to go - everything about the day out other than the football

really enjoyed that Paul.
My daughter lived right beside Ashton Gate for a few years, was nice to pop back and always enjoyed my days on North St.
Breakfast in the Lounge before it became corporate, tobacco factory and the hen and chicken in the evening.
She owned a baby cafe just down from the hen and chicken, and she would help out at the BS 3 pub for city games and skittles night.
Those city boys do like their natch.

Back
Top Bottom