Ultras

MarkG

Probably doesn’t help when the club try and promote Boxing Day and the usual suspects portray it as a distraction from off field issues.

Foley

2018-19 shirt sponsor for Jamie Hanson
Probably doesn’t help when the club try and promote Boxing Day and the usual suspects portray it as a distraction from off field issues.
?? Really?
I go to Germany to watch football once a year and the Ulras there never seem to do anything but turn up and support their team.

jal

Or maybe the lack of flags again showed the club are being awkward again? After the cracking displays for City and Shrewsbury, you do have to wonder why the club are so negative to the most vocal fans that travel home and away to support the team.

@WuTang appeared to be close to the ultras, maybe they can shed more light on what happened?

Ox4Eva

Atmosphere yesterday was pathetic, it's not just down to the ultra group though.

Weather and low crowd never helped of course, but atmosphere was like watching a reserve game or pre season friendly.

carefreeoufc

I should imagine a number of them were either nursing hangovers following The Twang gig or getting ready for the gig in Birmingham last night.

makv

2018-19 shirt sponsor for Jamie Hanson
Atmosphere yesterday was pathetic, it's not just down to the ultra group though.

Weather and low crowd never helped of course, but atmosphere was like watching a reserve game or pre season friendly.
The atmosphere might have been “pathetic” but 6,000 on a day like that was bloody impressive, IMO.

Cass63

So do we call them semi ultras now then, turn up when they feel like it and decorate the place if it suits them. I thought ultra meant above and beyond, not meh.

Malc

Senior moderator
Staff member
Don't go jumping down their throats just because of their not turning up once. Maybe they could not get into the stadium in time (but I think they would have reported that). Maybe they were having their Christmas party.
Don't forget, even the Ultras have to do Christmas shopping sometime.

WuTang

Or maybe the lack of flags again showed the club are being awkward again? After the cracking displays for City and Shrewsbury, you do have to wonder why the club are so negative to the most vocal fans that travel home and away to support the team.

@WuTang appeared to be close to the ultras, maybe they can shed more light on what happened?
There were quite a few seeing The Twang in Birmingham, myself included! Another group went abroad for the weekend. There were a few left who attended the game but sadly they couldn't get to the ground early enough to put the flags up, and they'd never actually done them before. I'm sure they'll be back up next time, just one of those days