Home Match Day Thread 2ND ATTEMPT ...fan power - ultras upset tiger

Appreciate that view @Shaun Rice

1. He's in our country. He has bought a UK based company and English football club. He has plenty of experience working in this country as a director.

2. Tell HMRC about bad manners.

3. I wholeheartedly agree that it isn't all his fault. I have met him a lot, he's a lovely chap. However, as the club have admitted, we seem to have made a plethora of mistakes this season and ultimately it could result in a relegation.

4. Most of the blame for me is with Karl Robinson.

5. I actually think Tiger will be OK. He needs to sort so much out it's untrue. But he needed to realise that the fans have a voice and he has to respect us, if he expects respect back. Answering questions to OXVOX, stop mucking Firoz about, learning about making statements such as striker wow signings and not delivering.

6. All I have seen from the club in recent weeks, including the build-up to Barnsley, is about Sunderland tickets. In fact, everything at the moment is about money. Sponsorship opportunities, Sunderland home tickets, soon it'll be season tickets. That last point is the serious one. Of course we have a huge loyal fanbase but this summer it'll be seriously tested and I'm not sure as many as we'd think will renew. So he needs to make some tough decisions.

7. Michael Appleton.

Surely no.6 shows Tiger hasn’t got money?

It is the job of marketing and the FD to maximise club income.
Sunderland guaranteed a sellout of there allocation and we are endeavouring to maximise the home ticket sales for such a “ big” game .
Not sure this equates to Tiger not having any money,that’s irrelevant- the club are just doing there job and endeavouring to “make hay whilst the sun shines “ ( an expression the catering concession clearly do not understand !!)

It is the job of marketing and the FD to maximise club income.
Sunderland guaranteed a sellout of there allocation and we are endeavouring to maximise the home ticket sales for such a “ big” game .
Not sure this equates to Tiger not having any money,that’s irrelevant- the club are just doing there job and endeavouring to “make hay whilst the sun shines “ ( an expression the catering concession clearly do not understand !!)
With cash flow apparently tight and our hand to mouth existence- Tiger saying there’s no need for an emergency fund to be kept here in the uk - I can’t help wondering what the implications would be for a postponement of this match, or any home game for that matter, due to adverse weather conditions.

I don't see why the need to keep bringing culture into debate, you either like and appreciate what an owner is doing/trying to do or you wish things could be better regardless of where he/she is from.

As fans we are always largely the forgotten people until such time as your season ticket money is needed regardless of who is at the helm

Our previous Owner at least was up front with plans and that he could not sustain us but even this was not enough for some as he was and still is largely criticized

United We stand anyone !!! i will take you on a journey and whilst us older fans remember some glory years let's not forget how that was achieved !

The marketing has always been poor but then some fans prefer days out in the mickey mouse trophy or boro in the cup compared to when the league top 2/3 came calling and we still had a chance of a play off place.

Much of the current set up reminds me of the cringeworthy hype when we drew Charlton the the league cup and our owner/marketing team could not grasp they were not a big pull for most fans...The same now with Sunderland with so much waffle about tickets etc to seek a full house but where was the advertising for Accrington etc... and let's not forget the poor 20.000 + that have missed out on their big day out.

No it shows the club needs money. Like it always has.

What is the matter with you Sean? You're a sensible intelligent guy, every football club up and down the divisions have to market, sell sponsorship, sell tickets for games, advertise. It's happened under every single chairman I ever remember.

No it shows the club needs money. Like it always has.

What is the matter with you Sean? You're a sensible intelligent guy, every football club up and down the divisions have to market, sell sponsorship, sell tickets for games, advertise. It's happened under every single chairman I ever remember.

Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate Simon, but to not do the basics e.g. pay bills would suggest that Tiger doesn’t have the money, that’s all I’m saying.

I think it will have embarrassed Tiger as anyone he invites as guests to the Directors' box will ask "why were the flags upside down"? Similarly I doubt the other Directors will enjoy being associated with this.

Although I'm sure after many years in business they will all have thick skins and not particularly give a damn what people say until it hits them financially or repujtationally.

Attachments

• tiger.png
    tiger.png
    292.6 KB · Views: 19
It would appear that Tiger has underestimated almost everything. If, as it seems, he has taken the supporters for granted and that we will back anything and everything just because it's our club, then he is sorely mistaken. Most of us have been around a lot longer than him and most of us have seen owners come and go. Over the years we have all put our money into the club. We buy tickets, programmes, shirts, scarves, 50/50 tickets. etc. etc.
Many have put hard cash into buckets for this club.

So, Tiger, don't take the P**s! You want to own a football club, fine. That brings a lot of responsibility. Show some respect to those who go to the games, sit in the freezing cold, the wet and, yes, sometimes the sun to watch and support. Those who spend proportionally far more of their income than you on following this club.
If you and your (supposedly) mega rich mates want to build a new stadium in order to make another fortune on property speculation then there is not a lot we can do about it but, it's OUFC that provides you with the vehicle to achieve this. If you persist in treating us like mushrooms then don't be "upset" if more banners start to appear.
he is on a steep learning curve - he scratched our back and we scratched his - he is on a rebranding mission :)

Attachments

• tiger3.png
    tiger3.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 11

That would make a great banner with Winnie wearing a U's scarf.

I remember the outrage from some on here when I suggested it previously!

Maybe you have forgotten how our success in the era was funded, or maybe not as it was so long ago.

80s: Maxwell money of which we now know to be of probably dubious source eg pension fund.

90s: Walter Mitty owner with some funds who started work on a shiny new stadium with funding "in place" that proved to be less reliable that a Matt Taylor handshake.

The latter sadly being a glorious opportunity to move the club forward big time. When that failed, the ship sank and the shark started circling ........

Back
Top Bottom