International News Donald Trump 🍊🇺🇸

From Msn :

One theory gaining traction online is that the use of zinc lozenges can “block” coronavirus from spreading in the respiratory system.
However, according to Dr Simon Clarke, associate professor in cellular microbiology at the University of Reading, that claim is “absolute garbage”.
“It’s classic over-interpretation,” he said. “This would cure much – but not all – of the common cold if it were true.”
Dr Clarke added, however, that zinc can help by boosting your immune system and therefore making you more resilient overall.

So *maybe* some small effect.

Details some studies that have been done, but there are lots of caveats there.

Details some studies that have been done, but there are lots of caveats there.
Interesting. It would be good if they did a zinc-only or zn-azithromycin trial for comparison.

Interesting. It would be good if they did a zinc-only or zn-azithromycin trial for comparison.
And that is the interesting part.

There are some "theories" about the role Vitamin D plays too, both as part of a treatment and whole treatment, especially considering lower transmission rates in warmer climates.

I'm not stating them as fact though, or as a bona fide treatment, but more of a lateral thinking exercise. With shut downs being so different, it's not ideal to get a rigorous test.

And that is the interesting part.

There are some "theories" about the role Vitamin D plays too, both as part of a treatment and whole treatment, especially considering lower transmission rates in warmer climates.

I'm not stating them as fact though, or as a bona fide treatment, but more of a lateral thinking exercise. With shut downs being so different, it's not ideal to get a rigorous test.
It doesn’t seem very far removed from taking vit C and zn supplements to reduce the length of a cold by 25%. Or the fact that people get respiratory viruses more commonly in summer.
What we actually need is decent fairly specific antiviral.

It doesn’t seem very far removed from taking vit C and zn supplements to reduce the length of a cold by 25%. Or the fact that people get respiratory viruses more commonly in summer.
What we actually need is decent fairly specific antiviral.
And that takes time right?

It seems the UK has bought a considerable amount of Hydroxychloroquine too...

Let's hope for everybody's sake (including the Americans that vote for him) that modelling is correct.

I saw a poll last week, based on swing states, that said the complete opposite. It's too early to tell either way, especially as the debates haven't happened. I can see those being key in this election as it will be hard for Biden to hide away from certain things - of course, Trump will have issues too there

Back
Top Bottom