International News Donald Trump πŸŠπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

when will he realise that whatever wacky cure he comes up with a certain percentage of americans will do the same. idiot.

There are some studies where Hydrochlorinique prescribed with a Zinc and/or Vitamin D supplement shows initial positive (but not conclusive or decisive) results. On it's own, it doesn't work that well. There are clinical trials going on...

And some other non-Trump media coverage

Any drug like that will be prescribed by the "Physician to the President", so there will have been an appropriate assessment of Trump and the risks with his health. I highly doubt he went to a CVS and bought it over the counter on the sly.

In all honesty, I suspect he's been given a placebo instead and the perception of being given treatment is all that is needed. Still, the outrage gives the media something to talk about.

Quelle surprise, "Breitbart" Baldy suggesting Trump might actually be on to something!!! Bore off.
No outrage over this out there, just preying worldwide that the President doesn't forget to take his pills... :ROFLMAO:

I hate to bring a dose of reality into it. Trump has been on the Hydroxychloroquine train for some time, and the anecdotal evidence shows some positive results. Hence the various studies taking place. I think he's a little too keen to push it as a cure, but in and of itself, it's shows potential.

As I say, the Physician to the President will have prescribed the medication to him and will monitor his health for symptoms.

Anyway. You should be happy Trump is taking it with the potential side effects it has, as it could allow Creepy Joe Biden into the White House if Trump gets badly ill......... Bet you never thought of that when you got triggered.

Again ?

There are some studies where Hydrochlorinique prescribed with a Zinc and/or Vitamin D supplement shows initial positive (but not conclusive or decisive) results.
As Fauci is quoted as saying in the Texas article you linked to there are uncontrolled studies that say yes and ones that say no.
That’s why you need clinical trials like the ones you link to
[/quote]
... but the fact that trials are underway doesn’t say anything at all about efficacy - we will only know in March 2021 (preliminary outcomes) or August 2021 (final outcomes).
I don’t think trump wants to wait for the science.
Do you reckon he’s got a mate who owns a chloroquine manufacturing plant?

In all honesty, I suspect he's been given a placebo instead and the perception of being given treatment is all that is needed. Still, the outrage gives the media something to talk about.
Not if he’s being prescribed by a real doctor - blind placebo for pharmaceuticals (outside controlled trials) is considered unethical as far as I’m aware (even if it might actually be effective!).

As Fauci is quoted as saying in the Texas article you linked to there are uncontrolled studies that say yes and ones that say no.
That’s why you need clinical trials like the ones you link to
... but the fact that trials are underway doesn’t say anything at all about efficacy - we will only know in March 2021 (preliminary outcomes) or August 2021 (final outcomes).
I don’t think trump wants to wait for the science.
Do you reckon he’s got a mate who owns a chloroquine manufacturing plant?

Not if he’s being prescribed by a real doctor - blind placebo for pharmaceuticals (outside controlled trials) is considered unethical as far as I’m aware (even if it might actually be effective!).
[/QUOTE]
Exactly, there is anecdotal evidence it works and there are clinical tests ongoing. It's been used to treat people and sometimes it's worked on it's own, sometimes it hasn't. Trump doesn't want to wait but the physician will have assessed his health before prescribing it and will monitor for the impact.

I believe Trump has a small stake in a drug company as part of wider portfolio of investments, but the dollar amount is something ridiculous like $100. And yeah, some people got outraged by it.

And I was being flippant on the last bit ;)

I hate to bring a dose of reality into it. Trump has been on the Hydroxychloroquine train for some time, and the anecdotal evidence shows some positive results. Hence the various studies taking place. I think he's a little too keen to push it as a cure, but in and of itself, it's shows potential.

As I say, the Physician to the President will have prescribed the medication to him and will monitor his health for symptoms.

Anyway. You should be happy Trump is taking it with the potential side effects it has, as it could allow Creepy Joe Biden into the White House if Trump gets badly ill......... Bet you never thought of that when you got triggered.

Again ?

"Creepy Joe"?!?! I tell you what's creepy weird, a British fella going all out to defend Trump's thinking is in someway logical on an obscure Oxford United forum!

C'mon Baldy, the golf club has re-opened, bore off and work on that handicap boy!

Here’s a very well written resource on the status of hydrochloroquine efficacy against covid19 updated last week. It covers the side effects, contraindications etc and has a comprehensive analysis of the existing evidence, clinical or otherwise around HC efficacy.

"Creepy Joe"?!?! I tell you what's creepy weird, a British fella going all out to defend Trump's thinking is in someway logical on an obscure Oxford United forum!

C'mon Baldy, the golf club has re-opened, bore off and work on that handicap boy!
LOL. Someone got triggered didn't they?
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom