International News Donald Trump 🍊🇺🇸

Judging by the quickness of your responses Baldy, I think it's clear you are certainly operating in a heightened state of arousal ;)

There are currently a number of trials occurring in the UK using hydroxychloroquine, and other drugs, under the umbrella of the RECOVERY Clinical Trial.
In a nutshell they have looked at "off the shelf" medications that might work and are utilising them under trial conditions.
More here: https://www.recoverytrial.net/

Not if he’s being prescribed by a real doctor - blind placebo for pharmaceuticals (outside controlled trials) is considered unethical as far as I’m aware (even if it might actually be effective!).
Mind you, we have all seen with other celebrities the frequently fatal results of being prescribed drugs by 'real' American doctors.

Judging by the quickness of your responses Baldy, I think it's clear you are certainly operating in a heightened state of arousal ;)
He should be careful with hydrochloroquine then as there is a risk of arrhythmia.

No, I'm just bored at work. You've filled time before a boring group conference call that is still boring.

When does a GIF become a meme?

Asking for a friend.
not thatd id know for certain either way..... isnt a meme stationary, while a gif has some sort of 'movement'? or is it the other way round?

most likely Im wrong on both counts :oops: :sneaky:

When does a GIF become a meme?

Asking for a friend.
giphy.gif

Thank you.

My life (or rather that of my friends') is now complete

Now what we're various people getting "triggered" about?

And isn't there some kind of equivalent to Godwins law for anyone who uses the words "triggered", "snowflake", "boomer" or "kool aid" in any form of discourse?

Getting back to reality (as much as you can in a Trump thread), a couple of months ago I asked my 'informed friend' I've mentioned in the C19 thread whether there was anything in Trump's assertion re Hydroxochloroquine and why he was backing it. This is totally his field as he is very involved in malarial studies and seeking a vaccine for it. His reply to me is below.

'Hmmmm. Perhaps for the same reasons that he hangs out with the anti-vax lobby!! He quite likes a quack.

The way that chloroquine kills malaria parasites is quite complicated. Basically the parasite gets into your blood cells and degrades the haemoglobin which carries oxygen around in the blood. This releases toxic haem molecules which would kill the parasite. The parasite inactivates these, and the chloroquine stops the inactivation process. So the malaria parasite is actually killed by the haem from the body.

The virus doesn’t infect blood cells or cause haem release, so if CQ has any effect here, it is not through the same mechanism.

There are some reports that CQs can reduce inflammation in viral infection, but there is also a worry that they are required at very large doses and they are toxic if taken too liberally.

There are some trials of CQs and a few existing other drugs going on at the moment in US and UK. But so far no convincing evidence that they are the answer. If they are, it will be reducing dangerous symptoms rather than stopping infection.

I wouldn’t put my money on it!!'

Thank you.

My life (or rather that of my friends') is now complete

Now what we're various people getting "triggered" about?

And isn't there some kind of equivalent to Godwins law for anyone who uses the words "triggered", "snowflake", "boomer" or "kool aid" in any form of discourse?

"Breitbart" Baldy Bingo ?results.png

Getting back to reality (as much as you can in a Trump thread), a couple of months ago I asked my 'informed friend' I've mentioned in the C19 thread whether there was anything in Trump's assertion re Hydroxochloroquine and why he was backing it. This is totally his field as he is very involved in malarial studies and seeking a vaccine for it. His reply to me is below.

'Hmmmm. Perhaps for the same reasons that he hangs out with the anti-vax lobby!! He quite likes a quack.

The way that chloroquine kills malaria parasites is quite complicated. Basically the parasite gets into your blood cells and degrades the haemoglobin which carries oxygen around in the blood. This releases toxic haem molecules which would kill the parasite. The parasite inactivates these, and the chloroquine stops the inactivation process. So the malaria parasite is actually killed by the haem from the body.

The virus doesn’t infect blood cells or cause haem release, so if CQ has any effect here, it is not through the same mechanism.

There are some reports that CQs can reduce inflammation in viral infection, but there is also a worry that they are required at very large doses and they are toxic if taken too liberally.

There are some trials of CQs and a few existing other drugs going on at the moment in US and UK. But so far no convincing evidence that they are the answer. If they are, it will be reducing dangerous symptoms rather than stopping infection.

I wouldn’t put my money on it!!'
And the key part seems to be prescribing Zinc with it. It seems to be ineffective without that.

Back
Top Bottom